Talk

Advanced search

what do we think of these boots?

(10 Posts)
SecretNinjaChipmunk Mon 02-Nov-09 13:42:00

I need some nice flat knee high black leather boots for work and home and was thinking about these Mol boots by Fly What do you think? I reckon they'd be great weekenders with jeans and also nice with a skirt or dress for work? Has anyone got a pair and are they comfy?

momijigari Mon 02-Nov-09 13:46:49

I am not convinced black boots are good with denim. I like these boots, got them in brown, when some lovely mn'ers brought them to our attention, and they were a bargain.

They are very comfortable, they are not waterproof (well mine are not) the ankle is a bit generous, but I can cope with that, because there is plenty of room in them for wearing skinny jeans and thicker socks.

SecretNinjaChipmunk Mon 02-Nov-09 18:39:34

hmm maybe i need to get some black boots and some brown boots. at least if i get some good quality ones they'll last. these are quite funky as are these.
I can see myself going round in circles trying to choose something.....

yama Mon 02-Nov-09 18:43:47

I've got these in both black and brown.

I have to say the brown don't go with jeans but the black do.

Extremely comfortable and yes they do go with (some) skirts.

AnyFucker Mon 02-Nov-09 18:46:01

what kind of skirts would you wear them with ?

I like the boots in the OP, incidentally

SecretNinjaChipmunk Mon 02-Nov-09 18:51:35

i've got a black wool with pockets and a sagey green colour with all over self coloured embroidery (a bit maharishi iykwim)and both a quite a-line. am thinking if i can scrape together the money i could get the black mol boots and the brown cat chala boots. they're on the cat website here, thats about £200 at least though!!

SecretNinjaChipmunk Mon 02-Nov-09 18:53:26

the skirts are just over knee length and i've got a black/ grey print shift dress thats long mid thigh if that makes sense.

SecretNinjaChipmunk Mon 02-Nov-09 19:46:41

i knew it, just shown them to dp and he's given the 'they look like a butch lesbians shoes' look.

reikizen Mon 02-Nov-09 19:49:10

I can see his point. wink

liath Mon 02-Nov-09 20:00:18

I tried those Fly boots on and they were quite nice, then I tried these www.ecco-shoes.co.uk/shop/womens-shoes/yawn.php which were so much nicer that I've hardly taken them off since I bought them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now