Talk

Advanced search

Black knee boots for mahoosive calves?

(23 Posts)
BibiBOO Mon 02-Nov-09 13:25:41

Does anyone know of any? I have really wide calves and traditional wide fits just don't cut it. I managed to get one pair in brown 2 years ago in Clarks but now I really need high heeled black ones and just can't get them.

Will I have to get to Bath to shop in Duo? Or are there others out there?

TIA

tulpe Mon 02-Nov-09 13:37:55

I am hefty of calf too blush. I find Hobbs boots are fab and more than roomy enough. They also last for ages. Am having mine re-soled now for the first time in 5 years.

Lilymaid Mon 02-Nov-09 13:49:40

Although I prefer Duo, I have bought black knee length boots fitting my muscly calves in Evans.

BibiBOO Mon 02-Nov-09 15:50:13

I will have to seek out a Hobbs in or around Cardiff then, thanks. I had a pair from Evans but they were too baggy on the ankle and a little too wide on the foot.

tulpe Mon 02-Nov-09 18:28:38

Then you will probably find the Hobbs ones are perfect Bibiboo. They are slim around the ankle but cut for a shapely calf wink

RubysReturn Mon 02-Nov-09 18:47:15

COudl you give a measurement for the HObbs boots if you are a size 8 that isblush). I am on upper levels of duo size but cannot get to try them, but dare not order without a better idea of size.

thank you if you can!

tulpe Mon 02-Nov-09 18:52:39

I am a size 39 (6). My Hobbs boots are 15 - 15.5" circumference at widest point on calf. (and I just stabbed my finger with a needle whilst getting the tape measure from my sewing basket .......feel free to issue sympathetic words )

Tidey Mon 02-Nov-09 18:55:38

I can never get the zips on knee high boots to go all the way up either, but tried on a pair in Tesco t'other day and they actually fit. Have also found some nice Hobo ones in Stead and Simpson, but they are more calf-length.

BibiBOO Mon 02-Nov-09 18:55:53

Thank you for stabbing yourself for our benefit grin
Will measure own calf once the nippers are in bed or else we'll have fights over the tape measure.

Hobbs are faaaaaaarrr to expensive for me sadly. The price on a pair of those is half our Christmas budget!

tulpe Mon 02-Nov-09 18:57:23

You are welcome

You could always try ebay? M&S used to do wide leg boots too and Next certainly do.

RubysReturn Mon 02-Nov-09 18:57:54

thanks!

Off to convert my metric measurement to avoid stabbing incident!

EvilTwins Mon 02-Nov-09 19:02:09

I've got wide calves - couldn't get the Next wider fitting to do up blush BUT managed to get these to do up quite nicely in Jones The Bootmaker. They didn't have money off when I got them though. Dammit.

Niecie Mon 02-Nov-09 19:03:34

Have you had a look at Simply Be?

They do 4 calf fittings and the wide ones are really wide - even wider than my calf which is saying something!

Why do have to go to Bath for Duo boots? You can get them mail order and they do accept returns. They have details how to measure yourself on their website and I have had no problems getting a good fit with either of my pairs.

sweetnitanitro Mon 02-Nov-09 19:11:48

I got my Duo boots off the website and they fit perfectly! Don't forget to add a couple of CMs if you want to wear jeans or leggings tucked into your boots.

TreeTrunkThighs Mon 02-Nov-09 19:15:09

If you don't mind shopping online then shoe tailor has been good for me in the past.

BibiBOO Mon 02-Nov-09 19:51:10

Next wide fit don't even do up half way my leg blush
I would rather try them on tbh, especially faffing around w/ returns if they don't fit. And I secretly want a reason to go to Bath shopping for the day grin
Thank you everyone, I've got a few leads to follow now.

bubblejet Mon 02-Nov-09 19:55:40

Have you seen emotionshoes.co.uk, I have normal width feet but massive calves!! gots ome nice wedge boots a couple of years ago that were a perfect fit - not sure what their styles are like this year but worth a look!

BEAUTlFUL Mon 02-Nov-09 20:03:51

I got a great pair a couple of weeks ago for £90 from M&S. Black patent, knee-length, high-heeled. And I don't have calves, I have full-grown cows down there.

mejon Mon 02-Nov-09 21:41:47

BibiBOO - there's a Hobbs concession in Howells and a stand-alone store in the Capitol (Capital?) Centre at the bottom end of Queen Street... I'd probably rather head off to Bath too though (Hobbs there is almost next door to Duo!)

Niecie Tue 03-Nov-09 09:53:39

BEAUTIFUL - "And I don't have calves, I have full-grown cows down there."

grin

I shall have to remember that one. I sadly have a cow too. smile

Bodeniiites Tue 03-Nov-09 12:22:58

Simply Be or Marisota and you can pay them up

BibiBOO Sun 08-Nov-09 20:53:34

Surprisingly, I found these in Clark's and on the widest buckle fitting, they are brilliant and I <3 them.

I went to Duo, fell in love with so many pairs, but int he end could barely justify the £90 I spent in Clarks, let alone Due prices.

Thank you for all your help ladies grin

BibiBOO Sun 08-Nov-09 20:54:43

Apologies for the rogue apostrophe, heart that didn't work and sloppy typing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now