Talk

Advanced search

What do you think?

(9 Posts)
pinktortoise Mon 02-Nov-09 13:02:53

Right have family wedding in January so thinking that would like to get outfit sorted before Xmas and the scrummage of the sales. Is a civil do all in one venue (London club).
Am 5 6" size 8-10.
Want sleeves as always cold and can't be faffing with jackets,wraps etc (two small children are on bridesmaid /pageboy duty).
Have very nice black patent heels and black patent Jaeger clutch so could use these.
This is what I have come up with but is black ok? Any other suggestions??

http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/65201203&bklist=icat,5,shop,women,dresses,eveningdres ses#

pinktortoise Mon 02-Nov-09 13:04:56

Sorry can't link properly...it is the Adelaide Dress at Monsoon.

BunnyLebowski Mon 02-Nov-09 13:06:56

this it?

Very classy and as the blurb says 'subtly glamorous!'.

Accessories sound perfect and I think you will look fantastic!

pinktortoise Mon 02-Nov-09 13:09:44

Yes that's the one, thankyou! Thinking also could have future potential usage rather than stuck in wardrobe like alot of other wedding outfits...

BunnyLebowski Mon 02-Nov-09 13:47:17

Oh yes lots of wearing potential with it!

Get your card out and get it bought grin

pinktortoise Mon 02-Nov-09 16:32:40

Just don't want to go for first thing I've seen and then regret it. If anyone has seen something similar - I like dark blue and purple then I could make my decision!!

TsarChasm Mon 02-Nov-09 16:43:04

It's very nice smile

Have you seen it in rl? It says 'acetate' as the fabric. I would be a little worried that it might crease that's all.

BunnyLebowski Mon 02-Nov-09 16:46:00

Have had a quick look at the usual sites and am struggling to find much in the way of dresses with sleeves!

Found this which I think is gorgeous (esp on someone as teeny as you) and wouldn't need much in the way of a cover up.

pinktortoise Mon 02-Nov-09 16:55:58

Haven't seen the black in rl so will have to check fabric..
Bunny - That purple is a lovely shape and great colour - but did really want a sleeve as although have same colour hair as girl in pic have not got lovely olive colouring...and don't like to show white arms in winter!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now