Talk

Advanced search

Today I am wearing the same as my mum. I need help!

(5 Posts)
EsmeWeatherwax Sun 01-Nov-09 22:33:48

I'm 37, my mother is 69. We are both wearing black joggers and a black short sleeved v neck tshirt. This is not on! I need sorting out!

So I'm 6ft tall, size 18/20, Very long of leg, and large of tummy,(lovely overhang as I've had two c-sections in the last three years) although in proportion everywhere else. Horrid square shaped hips tough, and a bit waistless! I'm also very much clinging to my rock chick 80's self! I need help...

I want to look a bit smarter without looking too frumpy, and I really need to get out of joggy bottoms! Help me please!

MustNotEatCake Sun 01-Nov-09 22:47:16

well, that's a wake up call and a half! grin

you deffo need to ditch the trackie daks ... instead get long leg jeans with high waist (to hold in tummy) in indigo (slimming, and smarter than lighter denims)

then belted tunic-style tops/ long tees with belted longer length cardis - longer styles will balance out your long legs and the belts will give you some waist/ hip definition

not sure what to advise re rock chick look ... understand that it's important to retain some sense of former self (I do it with Blondie t-shirts and denim minis) but maybe you could do it in your accessories instead? scarves, jewellery, shoes??

overmydeadbody Sun 01-Nov-09 23:51:34

Agree with mustnoteatcake.

Ditch the tracky bums (in fact, burn them) and try not to just wear black.

AitchTwoToTangOh Sun 01-Nov-09 23:53:49

TUUUUUUUUUUUUNICS and leggings. i've just discovered them, they're miraculous. no belts if you've got the 'hang.

bumpybecky Mon 02-Nov-09 00:04:09

I'm tall too, 6ft with approx 34" inside leg the M&S £12 jeans in longer length are good - they're high waisted and hold in much tummy [speaks from experience]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now