Talk

Advanced search

How to do 80s fashion if you're not young and skinny

(3 Posts)
KleineMaus Sun 01-Nov-09 22:05:49

Had a baby 4 weeks ago and desperately want some new clothes to cheer me up. Suddenly nothing in my old pre-pregnancy wardrobe has any appeal. I generally wear dresses as I think these suit me best but I can't wear them just now as I can't breastfeed in them. I went out shopping yesterday and came back empty-handed as I just didn't know where to start with all the 80s skinny jeans and leggings and short skirts. I'm 32 and a size 10 but not especially skinny and don't have great legs and am only 5" 1. It's not that I don't like the current fashions, I do I just don't know how to wear it. Has anyone got any advice on what I should be wearing?

AnyFucker Sun 01-Nov-09 22:08:12

don't

momijigari Sun 01-Nov-09 22:25:55

Get jeggings (they are very gentle on post baby tummy), long cardigan, then any t-shirt you like, wear with shoes/boots.

Find some bf tunic tops, can be worn with leggings or tights, esp if you are short, they double as dresses.

I am not really a fan of the 80's look, just try and find clothes you like.

BTW, if you are a size 10, you can wear nearly anything, as long as it is in proportion to your height, have fun, buy cheap stuff, go to Dorothy Perkins and New Look for petite, Top Shop too. H&M for tunics that work as dresses, that are good for layering, and work with leggings/jeggings.
Zara can be worth a look too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now