Talk

Advanced search

It shouldn't be this hard to find a dress! Where else should I try.

(38 Posts)
navyeyelasH Sat 31-Oct-09 22:21:54

Want a new dress for mates 26th Birthday night out. Not black, maybe purple/blue. Not with high neckline due to norks (34DD), will happily wear boob tube stlye but prefer scoop/square neck. V neck can be dody if it's a cross V neck IYKWIM?

Have tried, River Island, Top Shop, FC, House of F, debenhams,Miss S, Dorothy P.

Am 5ft 2, size 12ish don't mind getting my legs out but nothing below the knee. Will be blonde, hazel eyes, fair skin.

HELP, what am I forgetting?!!! Don't have tome to shop properly so trying to a online reccy so can whizz around shops.

Budget (cheap as poss) but £100 max.

Katymac Sat 31-Oct-09 22:26:27

Don't really know what you are looking for

But found

this
& this

I am looking for a dress too - so I post if I find any in your colours

navyeyelasH Sat 31-Oct-09 22:29:48

Ohh thanks Katy Mac, sadly they would both make me look massive! I'm "curvy" but need to be really careful and normally have to wear tighter fitting dressess with nothing stuck on them ie tassles, ruffeles etc.

Will look at the rest of matalan now tho forgot about them.

What dress are you looking for? will go see if you have a thread!

Katymac Sat 31-Oct-09 22:32:46

I know you said no V neck

I like this

too casual?

Katymac Sat 31-Oct-09 22:34:18

I like this too but it's the wrong colour

momijigari Sat 31-Oct-09 22:35:15

warehouse

bubble dress

Oasis Cowl neck

oasis shantung

Katymac Sat 31-Oct-09 22:36:19

DId you look at M&S?

herjazz Sat 31-Oct-09 22:39:14

bit over budget but there's loads of other cheaper ones on the site

oh its black but there's plenty of reds and spots going on there too. I would wear these dresses all the time if I had breasts

navyeyelasH Sat 31-Oct-09 22:42:06

Katymac, thanks so much for the links, I'm going to sound ungrateful but:

The barvissimo one is a v neck one and the problem is that the top and sides of my boobs are always exposed in those sorts of dresses. It's a PITA for me!

The Chiffon one has a neckline that's too high and my boobs would melt into my tummy sad

The Linen one is a bit plain.

Thank you thank you thank you though and keep the links coming!

Will also try M&S and John Lewis, forgot about them!

momijigari, in theiry the warehouse one shold work, I just think it's a bit too casual? The buble dress is nice but I can't see it being very flattering. The cowl neck is not really my thing and the shantung is a bit grim. Sorry!

Sorry to be so negative! Please keep the links coming though grin

navyeyelasH Sat 31-Oct-09 22:46:59

ohhh herjazz that's a lovely site I love these sorts of dresses but they aren't very me if that makes sense?

But this is bloody lovely (think would be too low on my boobs though) and the raffetta dress is also lovely. Just not what I'm looking for for this night out.

Hmm I'm annoying myself now.

People always post links to this site which has loads of different shops all together but can't find it now.

Snufflebufty Sat 31-Oct-09 22:47:45

Have you tried New Look? I have this one with these shoes.

Might not be what you are looking for though, but its worth a look.

navyeyelasH Sat 31-Oct-09 22:49:06

ohhh herjazz that's a lovely site I love these sorts of dresses but they aren't very me if that makes sense?

But this is bloody lovely (think would be too low on my boobs though) and the raffetta dress is also lovely. Just not what I'm looking for for this night out.

People always post links to this site which has loads of different shops all together but can't find it now.

Katymac Sat 31-Oct-09 22:50:15

have a look here

used2bthin Sat 31-Oct-09 22:51:31

shopstyle

used2bthin Sat 31-Oct-09 22:52:26

Meant shopstyle is the one with things from different shops. Sorry got over excited!

herjazz Sat 31-Oct-09 22:53:04

yesss I was thinking about that one too. Have just the shoes for that as well.

Alas MUCH more of a problem for saggy double a's than boobs that are frothing out of it!

Best of luck with yr hunting. I'd just go to tk maxx if all else fails

momijigari Sat 31-Oct-09 22:54:20

shopstyle?

navyeyelasH Sat 31-Oct-09 22:54:32

momijigari Sat 31-Oct-09 23:05:28

emily and fin

RubyrubyrubyScaryBin Sat 31-Oct-09 23:11:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pipWereRabbit Sat 31-Oct-09 23:11:57

What about this one?

Lots of other dresses at house of fraser....

adriennemole Sat 31-Oct-09 23:19:10

I have this dress which is very flattering (and pretty good quality for the price) I am a size 10 with 32 E norks and worn with a balconette bra it gives a subltle cleaveage as opposed to full on chest arse grin The belt is a bit distracting and makes a lovely dress look a bit tarty IMO but this isn't included anyway.

Katymac Sat 31-Oct-09 23:29:20

<<<NavyeyelasH - everyone must love you......no-one wants to help me, I think it's cos you're going to a party>>>

momijigari Sat 31-Oct-09 23:40:57

lipsy

katymac I liked the whitestuff one on your thread, I think you have a very narrow remit, and we are all jealous because you are going on holiday!

momijigari Sat 31-Oct-09 23:45:05

trolly dolly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now