Talk

Advanced search

following on from other thread, where does your dh/dp buy their clothes?

(17 Posts)
lucykate Fri 30-Oct-09 23:12:58

dh wants to smarten his image, and move away from the heading towards 40/fat face uniform most men seem to end up wearing!

tulpe Fri 30-Oct-09 23:56:48

Paul Smith (suits, knitwear, trousers & shirts)
Gap (for jeans, merino knitwear and tees)
TM Lewin (work shirts)
Fat Face (for shorts)
Church's (for smart shoes)
Converse or Timberlands for weekends

He also goes to v expensive shops near to where he works (think Jermyn Street, St James' etc in London) and splashes out on v expensive footwear. Tis gorgeous though and lasts forever.

He doesn't have masses of clothes but prefers to spend a lot on a few items.

He cannot abide Next, M&S, or most of the high street, tbh.

DH is dutch and has typical dutch dress sense - very preppy and expensive with floppy hair

MustNotEatCake Sat 31-Oct-09 00:24:56

no point in me answering this thread, my dh is Mr Scruffaluffagus!!

MustNotEatCake Sat 31-Oct-09 00:25:15

does not wear Fat Face though, phew

TheFallenMadonna Sat 31-Oct-09 00:31:19

God. We go to John Lewis a couple of times a year and just buy stuff. It is a chore. DH hates shopping and makes a virtue out of 'not caring' what he wears. Grrrr.

pointyhat Sat 31-Oct-09 00:35:06

gap, debenhams, white stuff, howie's, currently considering superdry (because they do checked shirts)

squashimodo Sat 31-Oct-09 00:51:35

gap, debenhams, tkmax,
timberlands, or the first shop he sees as long as he doesn't have to anything on.

tigerbear Sat 31-Oct-09 00:52:44

DH likes clothes but can't stand shopping (he can take about an hour then that's it). However, when he gets something new he doesn't just wear it, he MOVES INTO IT and wears it constantly. He never buys something spontaneously - it's always a planned trip to go and buy a whole load of stuff - new trousers, tops, shoes, coat in one go.

Gap
COS
Nicole Farhi
Folk, Office and Camper for shoes
Adolfo Dominguez
Cheap t-shirts from Primark, H&M and Gap
Uniqlo
Reiss

AngelinaJolly Sat 31-Oct-09 07:25:41

Gap
Ted Baker
Paul Smith
M&S
John Lewis
Hugo Boss
Mambo/ Billabong/ Rip Curl/ Seventenths- the older the better etc (you can take the boy out of Aussie...)

He's easy re: shopping. Will go a couple of times a year, spends a lot in one go, makes desicions easily, then nothing for ages. Completely different from me.

bigTillyMint Sat 31-Oct-09 07:28:44

He doesn't - I choose him stuffblush

Well, he did go and spend his Christmas Debenhams vouchers from the last 2/3 years the other day, but that's the only time he's been shopping in 2/3 years!

SuiGeneris Sat 31-Oct-09 07:31:36

Mostly Gant and Boggi (now open in Sloane Square), Pink for shirts, Church for shoes (expensive, but they last forever and you can get them refurbished by them if necessary, so they last even longer), Jermyn Street for suits.

We tend to go together- he is usually not that interested until he tries something on, it suits him and then it is difficult to stop him buying it in three different colours! grin

deaddei Sat 31-Oct-09 08:08:27

Well my dh took back his brown cord jacket [embarrassed] and bought a nice blue one from somewhere in Bentalls. He then bought some nice bits from Crew Clothing- not the casual bit.
He is vertically challenged, and slightly shapeless, but not BIG-just sort of....there.

teameric Sat 31-Oct-09 08:09:32

Reiss
All Saints
Urban Outfitters
Levi's
Topman
Gap
Size and Office for shoes

bluejeans Sat 31-Oct-09 08:43:04

Mine's scruffy too (doesn't need to dress smart for work)

Gap
Next
TK Maxx
John Lewis occasionally for a smart shirt for wedding etc
Buys more online now - M&N direct is his fav

I buy his pants and socks in M&S but he would never go in there (apart from the food section!)

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Sat 31-Oct-09 08:49:31

Jeans jeans jeans jeans and chino's

french connection, white company, fat face,
lots of free tshirts from work (argh!)

zozoblackkat Sat 31-Oct-09 08:53:51

Topman (dress shirts, t-shirts)
White Stuff (casual shirts, cords)
Gap & H&M (t-shirts, underwear etc.)
Nigel Hall (sports jackets + coats)
Oliver Sweeney (shoes)

he's very particular about clothes, cares about having nice stuff but also hates shopping! also argh!

red37 Sat 31-Oct-09 08:54:19

dh shops at next sometimes, but tends to go to the outlet village and goes into all the shops there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now