Talk

Advanced search

help me get lovely knees by the spring - will try anything!

(7 Posts)
ScotGirl Fri 30-Oct-09 22:53:36

I'm ok at the moment now that I can wear opaque tights and can finally get my legs out - but I wasn't able to expose my knees at all last summer. I feel a winter action plan is needed now!

My knees are dry, red and look permanently bruised - but they are not sore. I have quite nice legs I think so this is a bit of a bummer. I have tried exfoliating and daily moisturising, bio oil etc and nothing has made much difference.

I have two preschoolers and as I don't work, I do crawl around the floor a fair bit.

Has anyone had this problem and discovered a great treatment.

I was thinking that my body might be dehydrated after 18 mths breastfeeding DS2(now stopped thankfully) and might need a supplement as the dodgy looking knee thing came on after my first pregnancy. Any suggestions gratefully welcome!

Clure Sat 31-Oct-09 11:58:18

scotgirl I have exactly the same problem. They have faded with time so don't have that "bruised" look but still have hard patches of skin. I have been trying a bodyshop foot file and loads of cocoabutter. Its helped a little but maybe someone else out there has a better treatment?!

ScotGirl Sat 31-Oct-09 14:11:37

I have to confess I had a good look at other mum's knee at the pool last weekend - and it did make me feel a bit better - it does seem like a common problem! Hoping that someone here has discovered the miracle cure...

I too tried the foot file but ended up skinning my knees - bruised and scabs - not a good look!!

WhereYouLeftIt Sat 31-Oct-09 14:24:20

Well you did say you'd try anything, so here goes - my knees were the same, but they have recently improved with a pumice stone and Boots Intensive Foot Softener. It's meant for cracked dry skin on the heels, so is quite heavy-duty.

cornsilk Sat 31-Oct-09 14:48:43

I second the foot softener. Also body brush.

veryconfusedandupset Sat 31-Oct-09 15:00:11

And don't wash them with soap - use acqueous cream (£3.99) for 500 grammes - all your skin will be lovely if you give up using soap on it.

ScotGirl Sat 31-Oct-09 20:11:15

thanks for the tips - we must be on the same wavelength - I bought the Boots Intensive foot softener a few months ago thinking that might do the trick. I didn't persevere with it but I think I will give it another go. Thanks for the tips. I have been using Dove which is probably quite drying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now