Talk

Advanced search

Dresses and Skirts Help!

(6 Posts)
Ema09 Fri 30-Oct-09 17:37:50

I have 1 dress and no skirts for Autumn/Winter!
I'm looking for casual day dresses/skirts to wear just about in the day as well as to work. I like plain clothes! Mainly Black, Dark grey, Brown, Navy etc. The knitted dress I have is black to wear with grey coloured tights or black opaques and black knee-high boots. I would also like some casual skirts to wear with roll-neck or round-neck plain jumpers other tight colours! and boots. I also have brown knee-high boots both colours in various heights; kitten, high, platform, stiletto.
I'm really struggling to find plain knitted dresses that aren't too tight fitting! (have too much of a tummy!) Have seen some at UNIQLO but they don't have much in my size. Loved the Boden black 60s knit dress but sold out in my size. Also love the Toast olive knitted dress but think it's a bit costly for what it is!
I'm struggling the most with skirts again don't want too tight fit. Ideally A-line but not with inverted pleats! I can't find any skirts I like. Please give me some suggestions!

Ema09 Sat 31-Oct-09 12:52:18

Please help! - Plain skirts and knitted dresses

Clure Sat 31-Oct-09 16:08:53

purple velvet
smart denim
not sure if this too short
brown straight
black
purple knitted dress
black not clingy round tummy dress

JANEITEPatrickNormanMcHennesy Sat 31-Oct-09 16:11:02

Yum - I LOVE the Oasis denim skirt and the purple knit dress.

Ema09 Sat 31-Oct-09 17:36:14

Thank you so much clure. I wasn't so keen on velvet skirts but think I may purchase the Kew on at John Lewis you linked thank you. I've also had a look at Kew - forgot about them and love the tweed mini they have in black as well as brown - is the look I love with a polo-neck jumper, thick tights and boots but may be a bit too short for work as well as for wearing in the day. Love the style of the purple ribbon dress - it's gorgeous! but I'm not sure whether Purple suits me, may need to order it and try! I nver buy purple as I'm not so keen on the colour, I don't think I own anything in purple but it may be a colour I "think" doens't suit me when it might! (-very pale but pink face! - odd! blond, blue eyes).

fishie Sat 31-Oct-09 18:30:27

kew skirts are always absolutely gigantic so go down at least one size if not two. oddly their tops are rather small.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now