Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

This skirt and this top?

(16 Posts)
PoisonToadstool Fri 30-Oct-09 15:01:10

What do you think?

Skirt

SorciereAnna Fri 30-Oct-09 15:02:57

No.

PoisonToadstool Fri 30-Oct-09 15:03:56

Why?

Have not seen skirt IRL but do own the top.

fishie Fri 30-Oct-09 15:05:12

i don't like mix of shiny and cord. but i have a fear of shiny so you can disregard me if you like.

it really is time that either bravissimo got another model or she got another expression.

MonsterousNasalPustule Fri 30-Oct-09 15:05:24

Top says dressy / evening / special

Skirt says school run / shopping / take dog to the vet

Pinkjenny Fri 30-Oct-09 15:05:43

I'm not sure, the skirt seems a little casual for the top. But then, I haven't seen either. <sits on fence>

traceybath Fri 30-Oct-09 15:07:03

I like the skirt but not sure about together. The skirt is a lot more casual.

Although saying that - the top could/probably does look ok with dark indigo smart jeans.

I think the skirt needs a long sleeved t and then jumper or cardigan - a bit of casual layering with coloured tights and boots.

JANEITEPatrickNormanMcHennesy Fri 30-Oct-09 15:07:20

Is the top silk? I quite like mixing silk with rougher, more daytime textures but I don't think that skirt is quite right. How about wearing the top with some tweedy grey wide legged trousers, a grey cashmere cardigan and chunky silver jewellery?

PoisonToadstool Fri 30-Oct-09 15:07:31

Hmm. Hoped to dress the top down. But not look like I got dressed without looking.

fishie YES omg she annoys me, I can't even look through their catalogues anymore. Every page there is her GRIN GRIN GRINNING away. Smug bitch! I bet she's lovely....

NellieTheEllie Fri 30-Oct-09 15:07:31

both nice individually, but not sure the two types of material would work together.
Also, skirt looks too casual for the top.
sorry blush

PoisonToadstool Fri 30-Oct-09 15:09:17

Yes tracey I might get the skirt anyway. And def need new jeans.

Ooh janenite that sounds nice and v me - in my head, at least grin

I think I am going to have to GO shopping. I love buying things - online... hate trawling the shops.

JANEITEPatrickNormanMcHennesy Fri 30-Oct-09 15:12:35

You have reminded me that I would like some new wide-legged trousers myself!

I went shopping yesterday, in Harrogate, so had my pick of lots and lots of lovely shops. I bought NOTHING though, except for some Clarins mascara, so I'm now trawling the S&B thread for ideas on where to look next.

Go shopping - you know you want to!

BikeRunSki Fri 30-Oct-09 15:14:41

Why, what good taste you have.

I have both those, but no, I wouldn't wear them together.

BikeRunSki Fri 30-Oct-09 15:17:02

Ohh, v active post whilst I went to let shopping in.

I woudl n't wear them together for all the reasons everyone has said. Top - dressy; Skiet casual. I usually wear that top with dark indigo jeans for going out.

stakethroughtheheartofgold Fri 30-Oct-09 15:35:12

agree with jeneite, tweed could work, cord won't.

KristinaM Fri 30-Oct-09 15:48:40

janeite's suggestion is spot on

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: