Talk

Advanced search

Big feet; what do you wear with skirts

(9 Posts)
bunnybunyip Fri 30-Oct-09 11:13:42

Hello
I have size 9 feet (I like to pretend I'm an 8 but in truth these only fit if generously sized).
I am not great at high heels as I am also tall and feel like a giant in them.
However I get sick of jeans and like to wear a skirt now and then.
Can anyone suggest what style of shoe to wear (I have boots but find they get far too hot in a night out e.g. in a restaurant) and where sells nice size 9s?
Thanks

BikeRunSki Fri 30-Oct-09 12:05:15

I have big & wide size 8s and often fit a 7 at M&S or Next, so have you tried there to see you your 9s fir in an 8? Evans (aaahhhhrrr!) and Barratt do 9s too. Some styles at Schuu too.

I am rubbish at knwoing what to wear with skirts, which I why my skirts are generally of the denim/cord can-wear-with-boots-or-jeans variety.

bunnybunyip Sat 31-Oct-09 15:17:50

Thanks bikerunski. Haven't had any luck with M+S but will give next a try. My feet are really narrow (unlike the rest of me!) so Evans ones don't tend to fit too well. Can I bump to see if there is anyone else out there (am I the ONLY MNer with size 9s?)

TheDevilEatsBabies Sat 31-Oct-09 15:21:21

clarks has some nice shoes that go well with tights and skirts: i'd pick something with a strap and gap between strap and feet, iyswim (like kids' choes but chunky)

i find that they split the foot up slightly so it doesn't look quite as big.
and if you wear thicker tights your feet look smaller too.

Melfish Sat 31-Oct-09 22:15:43

Hello Bunnybunyip.

If you are near Kingston there is a shop called After 8 shoes on Old London Rd (near Wilkos) which, as the name implies does shoes for 9-11. I think they have a website.

I'm a narrow 8 and find stuff like converse trainers make my feet look like a clown, but I find that almond shaped toe shoes or boots can make my feet seem smaller. I sometimes wear ballet pumps with skirts and particularly if you wear a full skirt (like a 50s style rockabilly one) your feet look smaller in proportion to the swingy skirt. I found Repetto, Seychelles or some of the Office pumps good for that. The Seychelles ones in an 8 are a bit big so might do for you. Don't know if Office still do them, but you can get the odd pair on ebay. I think French Sole come in a 9 but personally found their 8s a bit small but it might be worth you trying them.

Ronaldinhio Sat 31-Oct-09 22:23:05

I've been rocking these

Ewe Sat 31-Oct-09 22:31:52

New Look do size 9's I noticed the other day, I am a size 7 and tend to wear boots in winter and ballet pumps in summer. I think low heeled mary janes can work quite well actually.

TheTerribleSpider Sat 31-Oct-09 23:01:08

My sister is a size 9 and finds that the high street shops, although they say 9 are more like 8's. She has bought several pairs of shoes from Here and has been really pleased with them.

She wears ballet style pumps with a lot of skirts too (she is 6ft and very rarely wears heels).

moopymoo Sun 01-Nov-09 15:15:21

next do nines. duo is good for bigger shoes not just boots. also plenty on ebay. french sole as well. tis much easier than it used to be. I am a large 42 which is sometimes an 8, sometimes a 9 depending.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now