Talk

Advanced search

Am I turning into a frumpy old fart, because I have seen several items of clothes from Next that I really like?

(5 Posts)
GetOrfMoiLand Fri 30-Oct-09 08:50:22

Next has always been a palace of frumpdom to me, except their cheap £20 skinny jeans which are the best High Street jeans ever.

But, the rest of the clothes I have always passed by, as to me they consist of pinstripe work suits a la late-80s, nylon blouses with built in belts, and dodgy patterned tops.

BUT I really really like that Dogstooth check dress with the blue tights, and loads of their duffle coats. Plus they had work clothes which I would actually wear when I went in last night. Not bright shiny black nylon.

They also seem to have done away with the baby pink tracksuit tops with N E X T emblazoned all over them (unless they are hidden).

So have they bucked their ideas up or am I getting old and past it?

MamaG Fri 30-Oct-09 08:52:39

<sideways look at GOML>

GrapefruitMoon Fri 30-Oct-09 08:54:48

Yes think their work stuff has improved lately - or else it is the MadMen effect and we are all loving the fitted shift dresses... still haven't bought anything in there though!

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 30-Oct-09 08:54:49

<sobs>

<realises next step is sensible 2 inch heel shoes and pop socks>

CybilLiberty Fri 30-Oct-09 08:57:34

yes in SOME AREAS they have improved. I think their stores need a major update though, they fel dusty and clautrophobic to me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now