Talk

Advanced search

In praise of Boots 17 nail polish

(11 Posts)
tulpe Thu 29-Oct-09 23:21:32

Last saturday I painted my nails using a cheapie navy polish from 17 (and thanks to those MNers who convinced me I was not too old to wear that shade ). Not only is the colour a fab sapphire but it has also lasted 6 days without a single chip or scratch.

I am VERY impressed and will be going back to explore more of the colours in the range now. Best polish I have ever used!

VerityBrulee Fri 30-Oct-09 10:39:39

That's pretty impressive. I've got Revlon on at the moment, plus base coat and top coat and my 2 index fingers and thumbs are really chipped and I only did it on Tuesday.

Must go to boots so.

(btw tulpe, I was on a thread you had in health a month or two ago, I hope everything worked out ok for you. I wonder everytime I 'see' you smile)

tulpe Fri 30-Oct-09 23:43:04

Verity - thank you for thinking of me. I had a lumpectomy 4 weeks ago, after mammogram & u/s scan were inconclusive. Transpires it was fibroadenoma - a benign tumour. Was definitely the worst 2 months of my life and despite finally getting good news I still had something of a "moment" when I got home with my results. TBH, I sat in my garden with a bottle of red wine at 11.30 in the morning, got horrendously pissed whilst sobbing my heart out. I hadn't cried for weeks - went on some kind of emotional shut down to get through it really - and it was sheer relief and exhaustion I think.

Much better to just think about nail polish and other shopping opportunities

CybilLiberty Fri 30-Oct-09 23:55:30

I totally agree about no 17. I also rate Rimmel cheapo's too.

CybilLiberty Fri 30-Oct-09 23:56:26

And poor you tulpe, glad you are ok

smile

tulpe Fri 30-Oct-09 23:58:46

Thanks Cybil

I like Rimmel too but it hasn't lasted as long as the 17. Also, I don't use top coat/base coat either so I really do think that it is good value.

CybilLiberty Fri 30-Oct-09 23:59:36

I've always been impressed with OPI too. I get them on ebay cheap.

TheOozingPusOfSeptimusSquelch Sat 31-Oct-09 00:01:47

Nail polish is always a good diversion technique smile

Thanks for this - I will be exploring the range in Boots tomorrow. Gosh (£5 or so in Superdrug) is also V longevitous

TheOozingPusOfSeptimusSquelch Sat 31-Oct-09 00:03:25

I love the colours at Nails INC & Chanel, but they are pants compared to some of the cheaper brands mentioned here.

VerityBrulee Sat 31-Oct-09 09:23:56

Oh, tulpe, poor you. The exact same thing happened to me about 18 months ago, and then again last january. It is so hard not to let your imagination run roit with all the possibilities.

Experiences like that really make me appreciate life and how lucky I am, and remind me to enjoy pretty dresses, lovely shoes and the perfect shade of nail varnish smile

tulpe Sat 31-Oct-09 10:32:26

Verity

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now