Talk

Advanced search

there's something about this dress/ fabric that I love

(12 Posts)
MustNotEatCake Thu 29-Oct-09 21:47:36

I'd never wear it though

AngelinaJolly Thu 29-Oct-09 22:04:49

link's not working v well but I think I know the one you mean. It's makes me think of a great vintage shop find- if indeed it really were a vintage dress.

MustNotEatCake Thu 29-Oct-09 22:08:31

that's the thing ... I had a vintage number very similar to this in high school ... don't know what happened to it, but I loved it (although not at all sure that I wore it well .. have a feeling that my shoes were horrid!!) ... but I hate the idea of buying something that's been made as a faux-vintage-'find'

"Remember the days when you had time to trawl a flea market for a whole afternoon on the off chance that you might stumble upon the perfect vintage dress? We fell in love with this 1940s print and designed the perfect vintage dress."

no. No!! NO!!!!!

AngelinaJolly Thu 29-Oct-09 22:13:45

Oh God, I've just read his spiel. He's such a w*nker. He sent me an "All about Johnnie" thing once. Just F*ck off Mr Boden, please, I'm not interested!

<blush at rant>

navyeyelasH Thu 29-Oct-09 22:17:51

ohh which dress is it? I want to nosey now!

MustNotEatCake Thu 29-Oct-09 22:20:46

who the hell IS he??

have you ever phoned the customer service line?? After my one purchase (which I strongly suspect I may put on ebay - it was fine when I was pregnant but just feels frumparama now) I rang up to check on my order status or something and got the terrifyingly preppy tones of JB saying "Hi there. This is Johnnie Boden. Thanks so much for calling..."

It's all so tally-ho, fiddle-dee-fee, lovely jubbly.

Grates on my Aussie sensibilities.

MustNotEatCake Thu 29-Oct-09 22:21:51

moss vintage bouquet ruched waist shift dress £89 WH158

ScaryMotherWhoScreeches Thu 29-Oct-09 22:26:20

Length seems too long for my liking. i'd want to take a couple of inches off the bottom.

tulpe Thu 29-Oct-09 22:30:58

I have that dress, MNEC

It is beautiful and very flattering. Colours are very striking irl.

Looks fab with both biker boots and mary-janes. My favourite combo is with bright violet tights

I know it is cheezy a la Johnnie and his spiel but it does look seriously vintage.

LOVE it

MustNotEatCake Thu 29-Oct-09 22:37:21

no, I bet it does look gorgeous. I just wouldn't be able to stomach it on me. Like buying turquoise jewellery from a gift shop. I'm funny like that.

stakethroughtheheartofgold Fri 30-Oct-09 11:57:20

i don't like that print at all, reminds me too much of early 90s (presumably the last time that style was revisited).

am v lolling at your last post though ltec - am currently sporting (my only jewellery) a turquoise ring bought for £3 in the show caves gift shop grin

MustNotEatCake Fri 30-Oct-09 21:34:23

blush

sorry stake.

It's just one of my things

It's daft, I know. But I lived in New Mexico for a spell ... it all stemmed from that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now