Talk

Advanced search

40+ eyebrow shaping!

(10 Posts)
gibba8 Thu 29-Oct-09 20:44:54

I am in my early 40's and have never had my eyebrows shaped,plucked,waxed or threaded or whatever it is that you all do!!
I do not think they look too bad (the wrinkles are more of a worry!!)
Should I leave well alone or does every woman need their eyebrows shaped.
May be a silly question but how does it alter/enhance your face?

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 29-Oct-09 20:45:37

shock

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 29-Oct-09 20:47:24

sorry, sorry, sorry

neat eyebrows are a great way to look groomed

They open up the eye

let me have a dig around, I'll be back

CybilLiberty Thu 29-Oct-09 20:50:31

Yes to shaping and probably filling in with pencil a little now too

hester Thu 29-Oct-09 20:53:11

It's really impossible to answer without seeing you!

I never, ever leave the house without doing my eyebrows - plucking, trimming, pencilling and gelling - but then left to their own devices mine are Denis Healeyesque.

CybilLiberty Thu 29-Oct-09 20:54:20

Yes I trim too, a la Liz Hurley

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 29-Oct-09 20:59:12

before and afters

gibba8 Thu 29-Oct-09 21:09:51

Thanks for the link Boysarelikedogs.
I do not wear make up either! Everyone tells me I do not look my age but I feel it and definetly need to do something!
I have seen a threading area in my local department store so may take the plunge and then move onto the makeup counter for some advice!
Has anyone had threading done and how often does it have to be redone?

momijigari Fri 30-Oct-09 00:09:10

I am interested in doing something with my eyebrows, but I fear the over done look, I would want the most natural look - I have seen too many over plucked and overly painted in eyebrows.

I s'pose it is a bit like finding a good hairdresser?

jules2906 Fri 30-Oct-09 15:36:21

Hi gibba8

I regularly get my eyebrows threaded at a local brow bar and find it a really quick way of getting my brows fantastically tidy. Good idea to let the threader know what you're looking for so you don't end up with too much taken off - start off slowly perhaps and get the style refined next time. I tend to get mine done every 4 weeks and find they stay pretty neat in between times. Wouldn't go back to plucking now...Hope this helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now