Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Anyone seen any nice coats for <£60?

(23 Posts)
kimlouiseb Thu 29-Oct-09 15:57:58

Hello,
I'm after a coat (its my OH's birthday present to me) - its got to be functional (got 2 DS aged 3 and 5), needs to be warm for walking to school on cold winter mornings but also needs to look good for going out in the evening (not that I do that often!) but you know what I mean.
And it needs to be less than £60.
I usually go for quite formal coats but quite liked the look of this one in black - which is flattering on, but I'm just not convinced for some reason. Not fussed on colour and I'm a size 16 if that helps.

I would be very grateful for any recommendations - am getting thoroughly fed up of looking now.

katy1katy Thu 29-Oct-09 16:02:55

Message withdrawn

PuppyMonkey Thu 29-Oct-09 16:19:34

Tesco had some nice Duffle coats in yesterday, dunno whether they would be your cuppa.

This one in grey looked really nice on me, I might go back and get it:

here

kimlouiseb Thu 29-Oct-09 16:22:20

Thanks. I quite like that one Puppymonkey - what was the quality of it like?

I had a duffle coat a few years ago that went all horrible and bobbly.

CoffeeCrazedMama Thu 29-Oct-09 16:23:33

Uniqlo have some beauties but I think around 70-75 quid. But they often have good on-line discount codes or if you could get someone with a student card to get it that would bring it down to your budget. They are nice wool tailored styles.

boodeniites Thu 29-Oct-09 16:23:43

Tk Maxx Matalan and Sainsburys had some nice ones last time i looked also try Ebay where you could get a really nice make like Bodensmile for £60 i like your Black one in the link very fashionable looking

mustrunmore Thu 29-Oct-09 16:25:13

I'm going to be watching this thread avidly! I need a warm coat with a hood. I say that every year, then muddle through winter without anything warm at all hmm

PuppyMonkey Thu 29-Oct-09 16:25:26

The material on Tesco one was really nice... dunno what, but really soft and cuddly.

CoffeeCrazedMama Thu 29-Oct-09 16:26:28

Just remembered I was in Gap today and they've got 30% off all outerwear at the moment. Don't know for how long as I'm not after any myself.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Thu 29-Oct-09 16:29:56

I was going to suggest Tesco's aswell, they really do have some lovely coats at the moment.

NorkilyChallenged Thu 29-Oct-09 16:53:40

Wallis have £20 off coats and then free22 will get you 20% off online order which brings a few of their coats to under £60.

No hoods though.

Lulumama Thu 29-Oct-09 16:54:37

I got a lovely coat in TK MAxx for £49.99 ,they usually have a great selection

mammyto1 Thu 29-Oct-09 17:12:50

This is a bargain at £15 and its 60% wool
Its in black, purple and check.

I have just ordered the purple and waiting for delivery

here

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 29-Oct-09 17:23:36

jacket

coat

DON'T laugh, but George at Asda have got some lovely coats in.

The top one is a lovely casual jacket, which is very warm and fits well. Only £15.

the second one more formal looking, but very warm. On both coats the material looks a lot better quality than you would expect for the price. The fit is very good and flattering on both coats.

2 coats for £50 - bargain.

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 29-Oct-09 17:24:23

Cross post Mammy.

browntrout Thu 29-Oct-09 19:11:01

£35 tho possibly not warm enough

mac

this one is nice

funnel coat

or this one

mustrunmore Thu 29-Oct-09 19:28:24

Of all the links I like that funnel coat, but no hood! Am thinking I need a nice fitted parka with a fishtail back and a hood. Anyone?!

Clure Thu 29-Oct-09 19:35:55

I'm hankering after this they may have other sizes in store

Clure Thu 29-Oct-09 19:37:53

also like this and this though hoodless!

browntrout Thu 29-Oct-09 19:42:56

parka

bargain

fishtail

kimlouiseb Thu 29-Oct-09 20:16:39

Just found this one which I really like - not sure how warm it would be though.

There are loads on debenhams website

like this

and this

mustrunmore Fri 30-Oct-09 15:29:34

I like the first and third LaRedoute ones, not sure about the middle one. I'd like to go and try it on before I buy though; I hate ordering online.

trixymalixy Fri 30-Oct-09 16:04:46

I got a lovely coat in matalan.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: