Talk

Advanced search

would you wear a brown lipstick

(17 Posts)
southeastastra Wed 28-Oct-09 18:52:36

i got a ruby and millie one today, think it looks quite nice, but wondering if you'd wear one yourself? am pale with dark brown eyes

poppy34 Wed 28-Oct-09 18:54:22

Yep am similar colouring and think it's quite nice

stakethroughtheheartofgold Wed 28-Oct-09 18:59:35

no. am pale/fair with variety of dyed hair colours. i only wear full-on red or a pink that's very close to my natural colour, but i do eyes more than lips usually.

hester Wed 28-Oct-09 19:06:11

I used to, yes. I've found brown a bit unforgiving as I've got decrepit, but a decade ago it looked pretty good!

RamblingRosa Wed 28-Oct-09 19:48:11

Depends on the shade of brown. As a rule I'd so no. If it's a pinky, nude brown it could be ok. Darker browns are too harsh IMO

RamblingRosa Wed 28-Oct-09 19:49:12

Oh, just noticed who the OP is....I just backed you up on the postal thread Southeastastra. Feeling depressed that there are so few people talking sense on there

southeastastra Wed 28-Oct-09 20:00:21

it really wound me up last night. trying to avoid it now.

cheered myself up by buying new lippie grin

RamblingRosa Wed 28-Oct-09 20:04:23

Sorry, didn't mean to rain on your lippie parade

I know. I get really wound up by threads like that. I end up lurking, getting wound up, thinking about writing something but a) feeling too annoyed and b) worried that I'll get embroiled in an angry, heated debate, and then I end up just leaving it.

Anyway, sorry to hijack another thread with it. Back to talking about lippie

If you decide it's too brown, you can always mix it with pink.

kando Wed 28-Oct-09 20:09:37

Is it a normal lippie or is it a glossy one? Normally I don't wear brown but my sis has a gorgeous ligloss by Mac which I keep using every time she visits. So much so that she gave me another gloss (a Dior one - how chuffed was I?! grin ) which is similar in colour. Maybe you could get a clear lipgloss to go over the top? (Am brunette - coffee roast to be precise wink with grey eyes and med/pale colouring). If it makes you feel good, then wear it!!

southeastastra Wed 28-Oct-09 20:17:32

it's a nice mid brown sort of grey and matt.

stakethroughtheheartofgold Wed 28-Oct-09 21:16:44

matt grey lipstick? hmm

(btw i'm with you on the posties sea)

jemart Thu 29-Oct-09 00:30:55

Brown is a very nice colour, I prefer the lighter shades. My fave lipstick is a nice toffee brown by Versace.

Bleh Thu 29-Oct-09 00:34:03

How often do you all wear lipstick? I have some, but only wear it once a year if ever (wear eye make up, just not lip stuff).

NickNemo Thu 29-Oct-09 17:50:03

Depends on what shade of brown you got, a dark chocolatey one, or a lighter pinky one. I just got myself the new Chanel dark dark brown, and tbh, its gorgeous, but I feel a bit too much like a goth wearing it... what was I thinking?

I do have a lovely MAC brown one, and its beautiful. But then I have Indian colouring so brown does suit me.

PeterDominic Thu 29-Oct-09 17:50:29

ooh i did in the 90s
lancome sepia something

lou33 Thu 29-Oct-09 17:52:44

i wear brownish lippies, tho not dark ones, more nude/pinky brown

rimmels birthday suit currently, number 250

brimfull Thu 29-Oct-09 17:53:02

yes used to
not now though

wasn't brown shimmer a famous rimmel one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now