Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Please can you recommend me a hairdresser in Cardiff/Penarth?

(7 Posts)
DitaVonCheese Wed 28-Oct-09 11:03:16

Can anyone recommend me a hairdresser, ideally not too expensive as I am skint?

Cheers!

drfox Wed 28-Oct-09 20:59:01

Hiya

I get my hair done at New Dimensions, on Whitchurch Rd in Cardiff. I have the salon owner, Karen, do it and she's really good, and quite speedy too. Also doesn't see the need for too much unnecessary chit-chat. I have a cut and highlights for £60, so I suppose the haircut is £20-30. Loads cheaper than my last hairdresser (Ken Picton in the Bay), who charged £120!

Hope this helps!

Alibooobaandthe40phantoms Wed 28-Oct-09 21:03:57

I used to go to Ocean in Roath, but I don't know if it's still there - this was 6 years ago!! But it was lovely and they gave you wine.

mejon Wed 28-Oct-09 21:40:17

I used to go to Ocean in Wellfield Road, Roath too. Great service and good haircut. I used to pay around £40. Lots of nice little shops and lovely Makers Gallery nearby too. I miss it sad (moved away in March).

Alibooobaandthe40phantoms Wed 28-Oct-09 21:54:14

mejon - thank you! I've been driving myself bonkers here trying to remember the name of the road it was on!

Maize Wed 28-Oct-09 22:00:30

My SIL has gorgeous hair and she lives in Cardiff, she goes to Toni and Guy.

TricknTreaterVonCheese Wed 28-Oct-09 22:22:26

Thank you ladies - after consulting my SIL's colleagues, I am booked into Blu in Penarth but might try your suggestions next time!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: