Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

pink polo shirt for ds 14m - should i or shouldnt i?

(12 Posts)
loulabelle222 Wed 15-Jun-05 09:57:30

MIL bought ds 14m today a pink polo shirt , it is baby pink. It is cute i just don't know if i should put him in it. It would look nice with a pair of jeans. Am i just bein stereotypical i know older boys wear pink but is it a bit on the chav side? what would you do?

moondog Wed 15-Jun-05 09:59:55

I'd put him in it! My dh looks divine in lavender and pink and I'm sure my ds will too. In fact,went to pull out a lot of dd's old clothes last night,and sat for a while debating the acceptability of some lovely things in these colours.
Drew the line at the floral trousers with darling little bows though....

moondog Wed 15-Jun-05 10:00:47

Also think pink is great as long as we're talking tops not trousers. Not sure why that is though...

WigWamBam Wed 15-Jun-05 10:01:56

It depends on whether you would be happy with all the old dears clucking over him and saying how sweet "she" looks, and what a lovely little girl you've got.

It wouldn't bother me - my dd was always being mistaken for a boy, even when dressed head to toe in pink flowery stuff - but it might bother you!

starlover Wed 15-Jun-05 10:02:25

i would put him in it. beware though... everyone will say "oh, isnt' she lovely!"

starlover Wed 15-Jun-05 10:03:00

lol crossed posts wwb!

WigWamBam Wed 15-Jun-05 10:04:06

You've obviously been there as well, starlover!

loulabelle222 Wed 15-Jun-05 10:04:52

yeah thats tru, i normally have him head to foot in white anyway and normally get that i just say he is a boy and they say o what a pretty boy u have haha! Ill team his pink polo with white trousers and a white cardi ... ooooh i have always wanted a girly! Hehe i am only jokin .. i think i will put him in it !

starlover Wed 15-Jun-05 10:05:27

people ask me what ds is... even when he wearing jeans and rugby shirt and stuff... he has a hat with BOY on it! LOL

WigWamBam Wed 15-Jun-05 10:10:53

People used to tell me that dd was a "proper little boy", and always called her "he". Even dressed in shocking pink trousers and lilac coat with a pink hat with flowers on on, everyone always thought she was a boy.

I bet he'll look gorgeous in it, loulabelle.

moondog Wed 15-Jun-05 10:24:19

I had the same thing with dd...Bless 'em,don't think they see very well.

bigdonna Thu 16-Jun-05 12:18:28

i bought my son a pink top for my dd pink birthday party.He would not wear it again he was 3.6 yrs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now