Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

anyone help me find a party dress for my dd(6)

(9 Posts)
bishboschone Tue 27-Oct-09 20:38:25

I am looking for a party dress for my dd soon to be 6 for her birthday party. She wants a sparkly black affair from Next I am trying to steer her away from . I have searched usual shops but its a tricky age as I don't want her dressed too old but she likes the sparkly things in the shops and she is also tall for her age so I need age 7. Any ideas?

kcartyparty Tue 27-Oct-09 21:19:01

If you are in London I have a dear friend who makes clothes for children of all ages. She can help you.
Let me know

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 27-Oct-09 21:26:58

with black sparkly leggings maybe ?

sparkly

puff hem

bishboschone Tue 27-Oct-09 21:47:07

thanks tilly scoutmum..I will show her

Kcartyparty...I am in west sussex but thank you

ProfessorLaytonIsMyZombieSlave Tue 27-Oct-09 21:54:21

sparkly
beaded
would she go for ruffles?
bubble hem with some sparkles

bishboschone Wed 28-Oct-09 15:18:30

thanks professor. My mum bought her the second one but she didnt like it..(grrr). i quite like the first one in silver though .I will try to steer her that way i think..thanks

Jewelsandgems Wed 28-Oct-09 15:45:07

Zara had some beautiful silver party dresses, and I find they are a good fit for taller girls.

bishboschone Wed 28-Oct-09 16:03:26

ooh thanks jewels

stakethroughtheheartofgold Wed 28-Oct-09 17:43:26

have you seen ilovegorgeous? they get a bad press on here but i've bought a few bits in the sale (the range > sale) that i'm really happy with, the fabrics/colours are unusually delicate for kids stuff, nothing inappropriately grown up, they really suit my (blonde) girls and at sale price are decent value i reckon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now