Talk

Advanced search

Do you resemble your DP/DH s previous wife/partner?

(43 Posts)
bebesequin Tue 27-Oct-09 19:52:55

Probaly the wrong place to post this- but a friend met DHs ex today and commented how similar we are in looks - DH obviously has a'type' and I just wondered if anyone else had come accross this?
Is it a male thing as none of my old flames are remotely alike?
Just curious

IdrisTheDragon Tue 27-Oct-09 19:54:40

I don't resemble DH's ex at all. We have different body shapes, different colour and type of hair and are generally very different grin

GooberIsLockedInTheBootOfMyCar Tue 27-Oct-09 19:55:44

In Her dreams.

grin

MaggieBruja Tue 27-Oct-09 19:57:38

I wonder if boris becker's girlfriends and wives will come on to this thread!?

CMOTdibbler Tue 27-Oct-09 19:58:14

No, all DHs exs that I ever saw (we were at uni together, so there were a lot of gfs) were short and petite, usually dark. He especially liked gymnasts and dancers.

I am tall, solidly built and have no coordination. But we've been married 12 years now

browntrout Tue 27-Oct-09 20:14:35

I dont look like anyone my ex previously went out with but worryingly I am physically very similar to his sister - and I wonder why it didnt work out....

KristinaM Tue 27-Oct-09 20:16:07

I could not be more different from my DH's ex. In ethnicity, age, height , colouring, personality, interests, job

However, Dh is one of three brothers, all a year apart in age. all of the wives are exactly the same!! shock same age, colouring, family background, and very similar personalities. at our wedding many people thought we were sisters and not SIL

RubysReturn Tue 27-Oct-09 20:17:32

NOt me, but I bumped into my sisters ex - he was with her lookylikey. Very funny

dalek Tue 27-Oct-09 20:22:00

Don't look anything like Dh's former girlfriends but saw his his most significant ex with my handbag - that handbag is now in the charity bag!

AbricotsSecs Tue 27-Oct-09 20:22:15

Message withdrawn

AbricotsSecs Tue 27-Oct-09 20:24:14

Message withdrawn

bebesequin Tue 27-Oct-09 20:25:05

Teh heh hehgrin

ninah Tue 27-Oct-09 20:28:13

Usually, I prefer to wonder if the next one will look like me

Ronaldinhio Tue 27-Oct-09 20:30:07

no but in truth I may have looked like his mother when she was younger....

also we are worryingly similar in personality

ADifferentMe Tue 27-Oct-09 20:42:54

LOL LOL LOL

DH's first wife wears head-to-toe lime green Per Una and has no teeth. Sorry, that was really bitchy but I feel soooooooooo much better now!

tattycoram Tue 27-Oct-09 20:44:11

Not particularly, but definitely a bit like his mum when younger hmm and both his brothers have tall dark haired partners too.

ninah Tue 27-Oct-09 20:44:57

I was thinking ghostbusters chic

EccentricaGallumbats Tue 27-Oct-09 20:48:44

hope not. DH's previous partner was a bloke with a beard. I keep my facial hair plucked.

mrsruffallo Tue 27-Oct-09 20:49:12

Not at all. She was an Amazonian blonde with a a tan and perfect teeth.
I am short and skinny with dark hair and rosy cheeks!

MadameDuBain Tue 27-Oct-09 20:50:59

I don't look like any of his exes, and they don't look like each other so there doesn't seem to be a physical type. But as far as I can tell they are all complete fruitcakes. I do worry about what that says about me...

JustAnotherManicMummy Tue 27-Oct-09 20:51:01

No. Although my ex's new girlfriend looks a bit like me (scary).

DH looks like my dad of course.

<lies back on couch for analysis>

EsmeWeatherwax Tue 27-Oct-09 20:54:53

No, she's short, blonde and nasally challenged, I'm very, very tall, dark and ave a normally shaped nose. [bitch]

However, we do have one similarity as do bot is brother's wives. We are all generously norkedgrin

ZZZenAgain Tue 27-Oct-09 20:55:12

I hope not

I resemble his mother though

BoneYard Tue 27-Oct-09 20:57:57

No but BIL's wife looks and acts exactly like my MIL <shudders>. I am nothing like either of them...

However i do see my dad in DH - not physically (DH a much bigger bloke) but personality wise.

ZZZenAgain Tue 27-Oct-09 20:59:07

just last week someone came round and picked up a photo of dh's mother as she was young and said, "oh this is your mother? She looks exactly the same as you!"

And I'm thinking hmm. I said, "no that's dh's mother" and she was staring at me open-mouthed going , "really, really? Looks just like you."

I don't see it myself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now