Talk

Advanced search

La Redoute - Sizing

(9 Posts)
TheTerribleSpider Tue 27-Oct-09 15:59:02

Ok ladies, I am trying to buy some dresses on the La Redoute website.

If you were a size 16 pretty much dead on and had a fat post baby belly, would you go for the 14-16 or 18-20.

I hate tight clothes,

Thank you!

fishie Tue 27-Oct-09 15:59:50

14-16 unless they are really tight fit. which ones you thinking of?

TheTerribleSpider Tue 27-Oct-09 16:10:27

but don't want to look like barrage balloon, top under and jeans?

along same lines...

dress - more fitted

top/dress

quite like this too?

Was trying to sort out a few throw on items that I could mix and match with skinnies, boots and accessories. I saw some redoute bits on another thread that I liked.

TheTerribleSpider Tue 27-Oct-09 19:26:20

cheeky bump.... (need help!)

southeastastra Tue 27-Oct-09 19:28:57

go bigger, they are usually small, though it's hit and miss. order both?

nightofthewakingdead Tue 27-Oct-09 19:32:37

This is why I can never buy anything at La Redoute.

Their sizes are stupid.

I am an 8-10 but would no way fit into a 6-8 shock! The 10-12s are too big.

If you still really want to try them, go for the smaller size in the bigger dresses iyswim, and the bigger size in the more fitted ones.

CuppaTeaJanice Tue 27-Oct-09 19:40:51

The 4th one gets my vote, the top/dress. You could get it in all the colours, as it looks pretty versatile. Definitely not the first one - looks like a tent, even on the skinny model.

The fifth one (cardigan) is quite nice too.

I find the La Redoute sizes come up quite big - I always buy the 6-8 which sounds ridiculously small, even though I'm more like a 10 in any other shop. If you like things loose though, it might be better to go for the larger size, to avoid clinginess. Particularly if you're going to be layering them up for winter, so might be wearing a couple of vests etc. underneath.

Might have to go and have a look at the website - looks like they've got a sale on!!

smile

fishie Wed 28-Oct-09 15:17:57

i like the fourth one too, might get it myself. the first two will not be nice. third is worth a try and last cardi may well be huge.

TheTerribleSpider Wed 28-Oct-09 21:50:02

Thanks everyone, order placed and fingers crossed smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now