Talk

Advanced search

looking for a cheapish maternity dress - not frumpy or nork revealing...

(14 Posts)
totalmisfit Tue 27-Oct-09 14:25:42

Here's some i've been mullying over...

too lightweight? has to be something that will see me through winter, also would prefer sleeves (3/4 will do)

not sure about the colour/nork coverage don't want hefty maternity bra poking out

great colour, not sure about the neckline

like the sleeves, not the colour

ideally it should be something i can dress up or down, and something for under £35. i've tried topshop which has nothing, New look which had a really cool biscuit coloured knitted dress with fairisle patterns on the sleeves and hem - which i ordered only to find an email today telling me they didn't actually have any in stock sad

M&S doesn't seem to have anything, not sure about Next. Help!

Pinkjenny Tue 27-Oct-09 14:32:20

I really like the colour of the first one. Always worth ordering from asos first though, as they models they use are not pregnant, and the fit is always completely different than pictured.

I will keep a close eye on this thread, looking for a nice dress to wear with leggings on Xmas Day, when I'll be 39wks. shock

Amandoh Tue 27-Oct-09 15:01:10

Inofenssive plain black dress which you could dress up with a jacket or down with a thin knit underneath.

Nice sweater dress but will have to have a think about how you dress it up. Jewellery maybe?

Complete bargain! Was £125.00. Now £28.00. Again, it'd need some work to dress it up but looks very comfy for throwing on with boots.

This Next dress is cute.

totalmisfit Tue 27-Oct-09 15:01:41

i had a feeling they weren't - they look far too... i don't know...thin, i suppose blush

shock at being 39 weeks on xmas day! i'll be somewhere around 36 weeks and i thought iwas cutting it fine! i don't know whether i llike the idea of unexpectedly going in to labour during the festivities or whether the idea actually sscares me...

totalmisfit Tue 27-Oct-09 15:04:24

thanks amandoh , i do like the red herring one, just trying to avoid black as it's starting to make me look even more haggered than i do really!

totalmisfit Tue 27-Oct-09 15:22:19

this one looks v short at the front one for l/jeggings then?

Pinkjenny Tue 27-Oct-09 15:58:39

That one is on my short list too. I'm not sure if it's one of those things that will just look a bit crap in the flesh iyswim.

I know, Christmas Day will be a right laugh hmm I have a section scheduled for 29th.

Clure Tue 27-Oct-09 16:08:58

brown print long sleeves
similar to asos purple but with sleeves
brown
black spot

totalmisfit Tue 27-Oct-09 16:22:58

pinkjenny - you poor thing, hope you're able to enjoy the festivities despite c-day hanging over you.

clure - i saw this one think i'd look more frumpy than boho, sadly

like the brown print one, but i think it'd be majorly long on me (5ft1)

Clure Tue 27-Oct-09 16:42:15

yes its lovely. Know what you mean, I too am 5'1!
how about this with leggings

Clure Tue 27-Oct-09 16:46:20

this
this
this
all with leggings

totalmisfit Wed 28-Oct-09 14:32:32

thanks clure, have ordered 2 of the dorothy perkins tunics - 1 blue and 1 magenta - should look good dressed up or down, not bad at 14 quid each, either!

Pinkjenny Wed 28-Oct-09 16:29:38

They're really nice. Now, can one of you find me something that will accommodate a 39 week bump and huge arse?

Clure Wed 28-Oct-09 22:48:29

pinkjenny what about this black dress
pretty

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now