Talk

Advanced search

I want a new perfume - please help!

(13 Posts)
Ceebee74 Tue 27-Oct-09 09:10:46

I have used Lacoste Touch of Pink for ages but have just finished my bottle and fancy a change.

Any ideas on perfumes that are similar (I don't want to go to Boots and smell every perfume wink)

Amandoh Tue 27-Oct-09 09:51:18

I smelt the new Guerlain Idylle yesterday and promptly gave myself a generous spritz. It's very floral and reminds me of freesias.

As you like Lacoste Touch of Pink you'd probably like the new Hugo Boss Orange for women. It's a fruity floral and I think it's smells pretty. I always think Touch of Pink is a pretty smell too.

meep Tue 27-Oct-09 09:54:49

I have some of the Hugo Boss Orange and it is lovely - and DH just bought me Marc Jacob Daisy which is lovely and light for every day use.

Amandoh Tue 27-Oct-09 09:58:16

I really like the Boss Orange too Meep. Bought it recently for a friend for her birthday and started to absentmindedly opening the clear wrapping for myself!

It's firmly on my Christmas list. grin

Amandoh Tue 27-Oct-09 10:00:40

Oops. Superfluous "to" there.

New mantra... Must preview post. Must preview post.

supersalstrawberry Tue 27-Oct-09 10:10:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Saltire Tue 27-Oct-09 10:13:48

My favourites are
Marc Jacobs -Daisy
Jo-Lo Glow (and yet I'm not a huge fan of any other of her perfumes)
and Ralph Lauren Notorious

DH also bought me Yves St Laurent "Elle" which is lovely

Ceebee74 Tue 27-Oct-09 11:19:21

Thanks for the ideas - it has certainly given me some focus when I go to Boots smile

I think I might have had J-Lo Glow in the past (have certainly had one of hers anyway).

I think I am after a 'pretty' smell tbh.

deaddei Tue 27-Oct-09 13:02:56

Chamade by Guerlain is wonderful- bought a new bottle yesterday. I've used it for 37 years sad

Ceebee74 Tue 27-Oct-09 18:11:33

Well I went to Boots and tried a few on - had Daisy sprayed on one wrist and Orange sprayed on the other and smelt a few others on sticks.

Daisy was definitely my fave (although I did love Orange) and they had a special offer on it so I bought that one.

But now I am home, Orange has definitely lasted far better than Daisy and still smells lovely.....I think I will put that one on my Christmas list wink

Thanks again for the advice smile

cookielove Tue 27-Oct-09 18:13:18

i don't know what your old smells like, but i love hugo - deep red mmmmmmmmmmmmm

lovelybubbly Tue 27-Oct-09 19:25:13

the new escada perfume in a red bottle is lovely, very young & fruity, similar to touch of pink but lasts a lot lot longer & is a lot cheaper.

Saltire Wed 28-Oct-09 08:48:12

Did you ask if they had any testers? Sometimes they will give you a small (very small) spray bottle of new fragrances to take home

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now