Talk

Advanced search

Black tie do - have a skirt, but what top??

(6 Posts)
EvilTwins Mon 26-Oct-09 21:53:45

Can anyone offer any brilliant suggestions? I'm going to DH's Christmas do this year, for the first time since I was pregant (so 4 yrs ago). I have a lovely full length black satin skirt that I want to wear - it's got a very slight A line; but don't know what to wear on top. I am a busty size 14, and prefer not to wear a strapless bra if I can help it. Don't know what colour or fabric would work. Any suggestions? Would be happy to spend up to £80ish.

Thanks!

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 26-Oct-09 21:56:13

what about a bustier - strapless but holds you in and balances gentle aline skirt?
Figleaves do good ones

TrillianSlasher Mon 26-Oct-09 22:11:25

Bravissimo is the place to go if you are in need of some serious bra-age (or Rigby and Peller if you can manage it).

EvilTwins Mon 26-Oct-09 22:13:52

I'm OK with actual bras (though would LOVE to go to Rigby & Peller if only I could trust myself to not spend a gazillion quid on lovely lovely new underwear) it's something to wear on top that I need! Do Figleaves/Bravissimo do tops that can be worn as outerwear? Or just gorgeous undies?

Clure Mon 26-Oct-09 22:45:59

how about something like this
fab colour
pretty

EvilTwins Mon 26-Oct-09 22:50:41

Ooo, love the first Coast one. The second one would make me look a bit matronly - tits too big for that sort of neckline. Will head to Coast with the skirt. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now