Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help me find a really nice 'classy' denim skirt?

(32 Posts)
MissWooWoo Mon 26-Oct-09 14:11:09

I'd like a knee length, A-line, really dark denim skirt. I'd like the denim to be lightweight and soft, preferably zipping up the side or back rather than the front. No pleats (unless one single one at the front) and no elasticated waists (!)

Does such an item exist do you think? I really really really need one.

used2bthin Mon 26-Oct-09 14:27:14

Gap has got a nice denim skirt in but it zips at the front. Its also above the knee on me but only just and I am 5.9-10 ish so if ou are shorter than me it would be knee lentgh.

SimonHowl Mon 26-Oct-09 14:27:43

boden
gap
kew
white stuff

SimonHowl Mon 26-Oct-09 14:28:00

is it abeta dad who hates denim skirts?

arf where IS he

overmydeadbody Mon 26-Oct-09 14:31:44

I always think knee length a line dark denim skirts are for middle aged teachers and charity shop workers grin

Obviously I am clearly out of the loop.

TrillianSlasher Mon 26-Oct-09 14:33:08

<lurks waiting for ABD to come and explain why denim skirts are not classy>

SimonHowl Mon 26-Oct-09 14:34:06

he is bisy pinning his wifes alterations

Nowtheres4 Mon 26-Oct-09 14:50:33

i brought a lovely one in next at the weekend, but it does zip at the front, its just above the knee on me, i'm 5'9 and it is dark denim with a slight stretch, and very lovely, i was shock that i managed to find somethign tasteful in next tbh.

MuttOfTheBaskervilles Mon 26-Oct-09 14:53:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

devilsadvocaat Mon 26-Oct-09 14:54:34

this one in oasis is v nice

TrillianSlasher Mon 26-Oct-09 14:54:41

I'm wearing a denim skirt right now, it's short and has a frayed edge at the bottom. Definitely not classy.

devilsadvocaat Mon 26-Oct-09 14:55:18

it fits your description exactly, zip at back...

MissWooWoo Mon 26-Oct-09 15:14:11

I do like the oasis one devilsadvocaat, it's kind of what I had in mind. I'm sure I saw one in French Connection (Oooo probably 3 years ago) that was just beautiful (and I reckon classy) - looked like a skirt suit only in a very light dark denim or denim like material.

Thanks simonhowel I'll have a look at those places.

overmydeadbody I am 38 and a "very much not in the loop" SAHM <sigh>

soyabean Mon 26-Oct-09 20:19:22

I have one from White Stuff here which i reckon fits your description - I am happy with it. Sizes come up big so I wd get the size below your usual.

henryhuggins Mon 26-Oct-09 20:31:58

oh i likey the oasis one, haven't stepped foot into that stoer for a v long time. need to check it out. i have endless denim skirts in my wardrobe but never wear any of them, my fave is about 5 y ears old and falling to bits. was aline gap. that white stuff one is v long btw

Jajas Mon 26-Oct-09 20:38:36

White Co one looks a lot nicer than Oasis. Agreed they can look very frumpy if too long.

I bought one on ebay the other day and didn't get chance to enquire about length as auction about to end. It came last week and is ..... 12" long shock! I'm short but it only just covers my derrier. I did wear in the house with my Toast Woolly Tights and rocket dog boots and like it but realise too short to wear outside as I'm 44! Mind you, might get away with it worn with thick jumper etc so as to look totally untarty a la bare legs, ankle chain etc grin!

BikeRunSki Mon 26-Oct-09 20:41:14

Monsoon skirt.

I love this one.

MissWooWoo Tue 27-Oct-09 09:00:20

Monsoon one is the right shape but I want something much darker, so it looks like a navy suit skirt

<wonders if should just buy navy suit skirt hmm>

naomi83 Tue 27-Oct-09 18:07:00

like this?

how about this?

Boden

also boden

MissWooWoo Tue 27-Oct-09 18:12:45

I [heart] that last boden one but alas my current hefty thighage requires an Aline .

The others are a bit swishy for me.

EvilTwins Tue 27-Oct-09 18:16:04

I've got the White Stuff one and I love it. Wore it all summer and am now wearing it with knee-high boots and thick tights. It's really comfortable.

ABatDead Wed 28-Oct-09 22:03:26

<resolves to keep his big mouth shut in future> blush grin

said Wed 28-Oct-09 22:06:11

I've got the White Stuff one as well. It's huge and I got a size down. It's a touch too long for my liking but couldn't be arsed taking it back.

soyabean Thu 29-Oct-09 21:46:52

I have seen at least 4 people wearingt he White stuff one but it looks different dependijg how you wear it

MissWooWoo Fri 30-Oct-09 12:23:25

Aha! found it

now tell me that's not classy ABatDead wink

Alas, it is £99 and I cannot justify spending that much on a denim skirt. Besides which I'm in the process of losing weight and it's only available in 2 sizes: the size I am now and the size I will never (or would want to) be - no offence size 6'ers but I would look skeletal.

If only they had it in a 12, it could be my inspirational skirt and therefore worth every penny

<sigh>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now