Talk

Advanced search

watch me disappear...

(34 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Sun 25-Oct-09 21:49:26

right, so maybe this belongs on the weight loss boards but for me it's a matter of S&B as I can't wear my favourite clothes until this baby weight is off. Besides, I don't know anyone over there.

So, will you help me to get back to 10 stone by Xmas?? please?? That's 20 lb to lose, baby

Bub is 4 weeks old now so it's time. DH is not being particularly supportive (as in, won't listen to me witter on) so will you take on that role?

smile

stakethroughtheheartofgold Sun 25-Oct-09 21:50:56

bollocks now it's time, but it's not like anyone can stop you if that's what you want.

(apols for unsupportiveness but i just can't do it, sorry)

LetThemEatCake Sun 25-Oct-09 21:53:35

shock

hf128219 Sun 25-Oct-09 21:54:29

OK - Christmas is 8 weeks away. If I were you I would aim for a stone - no more. Even that is a a fair bit in 8 weeks. Bubs is still young too -

and you have natural style and beauty! smile

traceybath Sun 25-Oct-09 21:54:42

I could join you.

Need to lose about a further 10 lbs which has resolutely clung on for the past 10 weeks.

Saw photo taken this week and I looked sturdy - twas most shocking.

stakethroughtheheartofgold Sun 25-Oct-09 21:56:13

20lb in 8 weeks with (bf?) a 4 week old. no way will i support that. sorry and all.

LetThemEatCake Sun 25-Oct-09 21:56:16

tracey - saw you saying something along those lines, shall we do it together?

thanks hf x

lou33 Sun 25-Oct-09 21:56:23

ooh i didnt know you had had the baby ltec, congrats grin

boy or girl?

traceybath Sun 25-Oct-09 21:56:33

I tend to find though that bf makes it hard for me to lose the last few lbs.

And there's nothing wrong with wanting to feel slim and fit in nice clothes.

LetThemEatCake Sun 25-Oct-09 21:56:58

fair 'nuff stake

yes, bfing

LetThemEatCake Sun 25-Oct-09 21:57:42

hi lou!!

boy. look at pics, he's gorgeous!!

lou33 Sun 25-Oct-09 21:59:21

he is indeed grin

stakethroughtheheartofgold Sun 25-Oct-09 22:01:04

"there's nothing wrong with wanting to feel slim and fit in nice clothes"

with a 4 week old baby, frankly yes there is and i'm unable to leave that unsaid, but i like ltec and i'm not trying to make her feel bad so i'll leave the thread.

Ronaldinhio Sun 25-Oct-09 22:03:52

4 week old baby???

diet???

what fresh hell is this?

cheeseandeyeballsarnie Sun 25-Oct-09 22:04:05

letthemeatcake.i don't do the whole losing weight thang(id love to do the putting on weight thang but doesn't happen).but wanted to say you are beautiful-am always envy at your style and beauty.and congrates on baby!i cant remember if i knew or not!so congratulations!

hf128219 Sun 25-Oct-09 22:04:11

You can join Weightwatchers when a baby is 6 weeks old. Idea?

traceybath Sun 25-Oct-09 22:06:25

Well I'm assuming from what I know of LTEC that she's not about to embark upon a mad crash diet but just be a bit careful about what she eats.

After ds2 I was very lax about losing the weight and I found it very depressing to still be a long way over pre-pregnancy weight - perhaps that makes me shallow.

Also I don't want to particularly spend money on clothes I won't be wearing for long - would rather just get back into pre-pregnancy stuff.

Sorry - its not about me anyway.

Ronaldinhio Sun 25-Oct-09 22:07:49

ltec lovely baby btw but 4 weeks

haste thee back to your dressing gown!!

LetThemEatCake Sun 25-Oct-09 22:10:16

stake, I'm not offended. And thank you for being voice of reason. I know I'm vain & unnecessary but please rest assured I won't do anything to compromise my health or my baby's smile

cheese - thanks loads, that's so lovely of you.

tracey - yes, my midwife says that bfing causes your body to hang on to fat stores ... nature's way of making sure that a frazzled mum eating on the run/ not eating at all still has what she needs for the baby I guess.

after dc2, I lost 14lb in 28days with the vorderman detox, and it stayed off until I got pg again. Masses of food, fantastically healthy (vegan, wheat-free but lots of oils etc) - am tempted to do it again but by Jove there's a lot of chopping involved ... hmm

traceybath Sun 25-Oct-09 22:13:11

LTEC - have found that just by cutting out the cake and chocolate about a pound a week is coming off.

Still eating more than I normally would but not really dieting per se.

hf128219 Sun 25-Oct-09 22:14:11

www.amazon.co.uk/Multifunction-Power-Chopper-Blender-Processor/dp/B000T7C1QU

Cheaper than netaporter grin

traceybath Sun 25-Oct-09 22:18:26

Were you not hungry on the detox - they always look scarey to me.

I really need to start running again but hard to find the enthusiasm when its raining outside.

My body also seems to have changed shape - legs still ok but body rather barrel like.

LetThemEatCake Sun 25-Oct-09 22:26:30

no honestly - ate more food (quantity wise) than I do when not detoxing.

It didn't specify any portion sizes and I am naturally greedy blush

I need - and want - to run again too but time/ childcare etc etc are my issues ...

traceybath Sun 25-Oct-09 22:30:34

Yes childcare is my problem too. Means I can only really run at weekends and if I run on a saturday too sore to run on sunday too.

And one lot of running a week is not enough to make a difference for me.

Perhaps I should find my Davina post-natal dvd - could also serve dual purpose of keeping children entertained watching mummy try to keep up with Davina.

Amandoh Sun 25-Oct-09 22:47:37

LetThemEatCake ~ Please hang on a couple of weeks and then join WeightWatchers.

The support you get at the meetings is brilliant. You're only there an hour but it'll feel like some "me" time. Have a look at their website and find a local meeting. Locate WW meeting.

In the meantime try a change of diet rather than a diet. Fill up on veggies (Peppers, onions, mushrooms. Little drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of pepper roasted for 45mins is delicious and filling) and fruit (You can buy bags of frozen berries if your favs are out of season. Pile them high and eat smothered in yoghurt or Cadburys highlights low fat chocolate mousse) and avoid snacking on biscuits/bread/cakes or whatever is your chosen high cal naughty treat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now