Talk

Advanced search

Uniqlo heat tech

(9 Posts)
Montifer Sat 24-Oct-09 23:21:34

I'm on a mission to find brightly coloured tops to suit my freshly analysed 'winter' wardrobe.

Uniqlo heat tech range looks like it might fit the bill - both for colour and price.

I will have to do mail order (usually prefer to try before I buy) as I'm up north.

What are they like for body length, think I'd be a medium (I'm size 12 to the waist / 14 below), particularly the camisole and crew /scoop t shirts?

momijigari Sat 24-Oct-09 23:42:37

Body length kind of average, not long, they are thin, good for layering, not for wearing on their own imho. I find uniqlo generous, I am 10/12 with 32F norks, think I bought medium size - but I would have to check, could easily have gone down a size, esp in the heat tech legging thingies.

Petsville Sun 25-Oct-09 11:38:31

Heat Tech stuff is great: I've got lots of it to wear under other things in winter - as far as I can see it's nearly as good as North Face et al base layers, and it's a quarter of the price. Agree it's for layering rather than wearing on its own.

I think Uniqlo are generous, I'm an 8-10 and the small is a bit loose on me. I'd have said they were fairly short as I'm only 5'2", the tops stop at my hips (slightly above in the case of the camisole) and the leggings aren't too long.

nightofthewakingdead Sun 25-Oct-09 12:59:36

I've just ordered some, it's arriving on Monday, will let you know.

Montifer Mon 26-Oct-09 22:32:18

NWD - how's the heat tech stuff.
Are you impressed and will your midriff be draft free?

purplepeony Mon 26-Oct-09 23:20:00

I am a convert- they are long enough to tuck in but not bulky to add width. They come to top of my panty line! But then I am only 5' 3".

I wear the Extra Small and am a size 10 with a 32/34C bust.

I do wear them ontheir own with jeans etc, or under a tank top, or cardi.

I only have the pale grey which is versatile- the otehr colours are a bit bright for me although the lilac is a nice shade and the turquoise too.

jamaisjedors Sun 01-Nov-09 20:48:17

Hi again,
I have received the heat tech stuff now.

I wore it this week.

The scoop is quite low on the tops but means you can layer quite easily. I wore them under stuff and that worked well.

I just ordered black and white (and grey leggings but they are a bit short I think) long-sleeved tops and camisoles.

I like them overall although because they are not cotton they do itch me a bit if I get hot (eczema) but I managed a very wintry walk with one on plus v. thin cardigan and was warm.

momijigari Sun 01-Nov-09 21:50:10

Yeah, I agree about them being very synthetic, but for the money they are good, stretchy and good for layering.

I have the leggings too, they are fine in winter under trousers, but they are not for wearing as leggings imho.

Montifer Sun 01-Nov-09 21:58:33

Thanks for the report,
I placed my order yesterday so will hopefully be impressed with my first taste of Uniqlo very soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now