Talk

Advanced search

school reunion - eeeek! coming up in a few weeks - help please!

(9 Posts)
kitkat9 Sat 24-Oct-09 20:40:58

it's taken me lots of courage to say i'll go in the forst place, it's been 18 years since I left school

how did that happen? 18 years, sigh

anyway, I want to look as fabulous as possible, but i NEED to be comfortable

I can spend up to £80 and would like something funky, really want fantastic knee-high biker boots

am thinking if I get great boots the rest will follow! I am size 12/14 (on ww so hopefully losing weight), 5'3'', big norks and post baby tummy, legs not toooooo bad

any cool ideas to make me look 17 again?

[hopeful emoticon] smile

Heated Sat 24-Oct-09 20:48:35

Would a tunic dress suit you? This in the flesh looks good which can be worn with leggings and biker boots. It's casually dressy and loose enough to disguise bb.

kitkat9 Sat 24-Oct-09 21:00:26

yeah quite like that - fear it may make me look a bit frumpy, when i must look sleek and alluring so that all the boys look at me and think i'm Hot Stuff

wink

was thinking maybe some kind of variation on a wrap dress? but don't know what, am looking at asos.com just now

is this a bit dull?

Heated Sat 24-Oct-09 21:06:04

That's sexy and can imagine it looking lovely on the right colouring. As you're petite it will won't be quite so short on you as on the model, whilst the one I linked on is going to be too long.

kitkat9 Sat 24-Oct-09 21:12:32

yes i am a short arse - petite is the nice way of saying it!so a shorter dress or long top would be better, can wear leggings or thick tights

i used to be so tiny at school - oh why didn't i appreciate myself then? - and don't want everyone to think that i've totally changed, iyswim

mind you, i have had 3 kids in the last 5 years

i scrub up quite well really, but don't have much opportunity to go out these days!

thanks heated

LetThemEatCake Sat 24-Oct-09 21:12:40

Ooooh, exciting! My 20-year reunion is next year and I am already thinking about what I might wear....

What kind of venue is it to be held at? What sort of function? That would help with choosing an outfit

cherryblossoms Sat 24-Oct-09 21:14:43

Not all of these go with boots: bit camp

slightly over-budget

maybe a bit dressed down

Advice I've had from friends is to make sure you do your hair and make-up!

cherryblossoms Sat 24-Oct-09 21:38:54

I've just looked properly at the dress you chose. You have a figure, I can tell! I'm jealous. envy

kitkat9 Sat 24-Oct-09 21:44:15

it's in a v trendy bar, but i don't think i need to be very fancy, really

i have a lovely image of me in cool top, amazing boots (not high heels though) and great hair/make-up. i'm blonde btw, won't wear anything mega-bright, suit royal blue, browns, am coming round to wearing black again

have already farmed my dcs out to relatives for the WHOLE night, can't believe my luck!

Will be booking hair appointment for that afternoon. am actually a tad anxious about the whole thing, i loved school and my mates there but have lost touch with many until facebook has dragged everyone back together!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now