Talk

Advanced search

foundation better than chanel vital lumiere...!

(39 Posts)
brimfull Fri 23-Oct-09 22:09:58

I have found it lancome

tis fab and lasts ages, looks more natural than chanel but better coverage

tulpe Fri 23-Oct-09 22:19:57

I refuse to believe it shock angry

tulpe Fri 23-Oct-09 22:23:20

Seriously, don't you find Chanel lasts all day?

I used to find it would wear off by mid-afternoon but since I have started using their loose powder too it gives a flawless finish which lasts all day. Also find that the powder gives it a more natural look - which surprised me as I thought I would be sporting the "caked in foundation old lady look"!

brimfull Fri 23-Oct-09 22:26:29

no hardly lasts- may be becasue my skin is combination

I had free trial card from magazine for lancome so went to counter -had literally put my chanel on about 30 mins bfore and looked in her mirror and I looked like I had no makeup on.

She gave me little bottle sample ,meant to be 7 days supply but will last me ages .
Tis fab coverage.

VerityBrulee Fri 23-Oct-09 22:37:10

Vitalumiere is no good for my combination skin either ggirl, plus none of the shades are right for me.

I love Prescriptives, it comes in a huge range of colours and formulations. I can't believe it's being discontinued, I'll have to stock up.

giddykipper Fri 23-Oct-09 22:38:45

I love vitalumiere but it's gone by 10am. I think I must spend all morning rubbing my face.

brimfull Fri 23-Oct-09 22:42:41

makes my crater like pores disappear , is amazing

you should get a sample

vital lumiere is crap for combination skin

tulpe Fri 23-Oct-09 22:44:39

Skin type could well be a factor. I have quite dry skin - which, naturally, is worse in the winter months - and have struggled to find a foundation which doesn't dry my skin further and flake/disappear. The vitalumiere is very silky so perhaps it needs a slight dryness in the skin to adhere?

My other favourite from Chanel is Teint Innocence. It is much lighter formula than Vitalumiere (I use it during Spring/summer). That might be more suitable for combination skin?

anchovies Fri 23-Oct-09 22:47:08

I totally agree, am also a convert, found it completely by chance as well. I am another who liked the chanel when it was first on but by a couple of hours later may as well have not bothered. People always comment on my skin now.

brimfull Fri 23-Oct-09 22:52:28

ooh a convert like me - it's fab isn't it

anchovies Fri 23-Oct-09 22:54:27

Agree about it lasting ages as well, I have had mine for months and months now and still looks full. Used to go through a lot of the chanel one as it was so slippy

Amandoh Fri 23-Oct-09 23:11:09

I've been using the Lancome one for a few weeks now (have linked on here a couple of times) and love it! It lasts all day and you don't need lots to get good coverage.

Lancome are brilliant about handing out samples so any non-believers should give it a try.

BTW... I found the Chanel too heavy and thought it might be better suited to more mature skin. Lancome colour ideal feels much lighter.

kittya Fri 23-Oct-09 23:12:54

Ive used Bobbie Brown for years, expensive but is great for my sensitive/dry skin. So, what am I asking for now? Ive ran out of Bobbie want a change but experience tells me you get what you pay for with foundation.

brimfull Fri 23-Oct-09 23:12:57

yes you need teeny teent amount
have you tried their version of touche eclat

am using aldi version atm but could be converted if it's fab

brimfull Fri 23-Oct-09 23:14:30

kittya- the one i linked to is probably suited to combination skin
best to ask and get free samples

kittya Sat 24-Oct-09 00:27:26

Thanks I will go to John Lewis tomorrow. I feel like a change.

watsthestory Sat 24-Oct-09 00:36:50

Message withdrawn

CherylVole Sat 24-Oct-09 09:43:47

no no no lancome is odd coours

CybilAviationAuthority Sat 24-Oct-09 09:44:29

I'm getting by on Boing concealer and pressed powder if anyones interested

CherylVole Sat 24-Oct-09 09:44:54

ooh please you arent all 80s powedery

brimfull Sat 24-Oct-09 10:43:57

no colour is good
well on me it looks amazing

Countingthegreyghouls Sat 24-Oct-09 10:47:05

oohhh, [takes notes]

I have "mature" skin and have always sworn by Chanel Vitalumiere so am reading this thread with great interest ...

Thanks for the tip ggirl, will try and beg a sample

PeterAndresSkidmarks Sat 24-Oct-09 10:48:23

I love lumiere and only wear it when I go out anyway.

brimfull Sat 24-Oct-09 10:53:01

lumiere may be fine for you lot with dry skin but it slides off my greasy face.

christ I have a pot of bobbi brown super moisturising foundation sitting at the back of my cupboard-wtf was I thinking when I bought thathmm and wtf was a so-called beauty expert doing selling it to me.

CherylVole Sat 24-Oct-09 10:56:35

i have loved the BB mositurising balm in a pot this summer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now