Talk

Advanced search

Slippers

(14 Posts)

I need some very warm and toasty slippers with good grips on the bottom, that I could go out and put the rubbish bins out in, that aren't more than £40, that will last for ever and are a bit funky and don't look like granny bobble slippers.

All I can find are these.. grin

Help!

shallishanti Fri 23-Oct-09 20:55:26

I saw these in the summer, (at the BM I think) they were amazing but....far too small for a grown woman!
I wear fake birckenstocks with socks in the winter.

momijigari Fri 23-Oct-09 21:03:16

shock at mole slippers!

Callipo Fri 23-Oct-09 21:03:20

If it doesn't go against your ethical principles try "Just Sheepskin". I have the ones with rubber soles and they have lasted two years so far still going strong, don't smell and are totally cosy! Worth every penny!

I have no ethic priniciples, well not when it comes to clothes or chocolate anyway lol grin

Shallishanti, you talking about the mole slippers there?? shock

tulpe Fri 23-Oct-09 22:38:46

I have these from Toast. They are comfy and toasty warm They have a proper sole and good grip.

They are so comfy and toasty that the other morning, as I climbed into the car about to do school run, I looked down to find them still attached to my feet blush. Oh the shame!! Thank feck I noticed them before getting to school.......in my defence I have had a LOT on my mind recently

AllBuggiedOut Fri 23-Oct-09 23:01:37

[http://www.giesswein.com/damen/schuhe/herbst-winter/hausschuhe?limit=30 Giesswein] are lovely quality.

AllBuggiedOut Fri 23-Oct-09 23:02:18

oops

joliejolie Sat 24-Oct-09 00:08:19

Ugg Scuffette slippers are really comfy and mine have lasted almost 2 years and I can see them lasting another 2.
They are £60 though.

jodee Sat 24-Oct-09 00:11:33

Why would you go outside with your slippers on, surely you are walking all the grit back inside? <puzzled emoticon>

I have a pair of old mules for taking out the rubbish, next to the back door, then I climb back into my nice fluffy pink slippers, mmmm...

cheeseandeyeballsarnie Sat 24-Oct-09 00:22:26

shockare they real???

and shock at £40 on slippers!i go through slippers in 3 months,i sqeeze my toes up and end up with holes!
if its to put bins out in would slip on shoes not be easier?

Well it's only two steps out of the door on a smooth path, I'm too lazy to go and find my shoes and change into them just for that

I think I'd prefer non mule types though.

NorkilyChallenged Sat 24-Oct-09 10:12:01

I was going to recommend Haflinger as I have some and they are super comfy, warm, good sole (and I have actually driven to pick up my children from nursery still wearing them but they look quite shoe like - I couldn't find my exact pair online as they are 3 years old now). However, most of them are mule style I'm afraid.

tulpe Sat 24-Oct-09 11:05:00

I am convinced that paying more for slippers is actually a bargain in the long run, as long as they are good quality. Buying cheap which have to be replaced every few months is a false economy, imo. Mine are now almost a year old and still look brand new. You would be hard-pressed to get holes in the Toast slippers

Wish I had got the boot version though......perhaps an addition to my christmas list??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now