Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

My dh has come home with...

(30 Posts)
deaddei Fri 23-Oct-09 18:06:24

...a brown cord jacket.
From M & S.
Not even the trendy (!) bit of Marks- it's the old man section.
Before he cam in wearing it he said "now, think laterally".
It's horrible and I told him I will not be seen out with him if he keeps it.
I know he's 50 but he's not turned into his dad yet, surely? It'll be patterned jumpers and mustard coloured cords next.

TrickOrTreatersDragOnTheNoose Fri 23-Oct-09 18:10:09

How laterally were you meant to think??

Scrubber Fri 23-Oct-09 18:11:07

Think laterally? What did he mean?

It might be possible to get a nice brown chord jacket, but easy to cross the line into pensioner terratory too.

deaddei Fri 23-Oct-09 18:13:34

He looks like Victor Meldrew.

boodeniites Fri 23-Oct-09 18:23:42

i actually read an article recently that said Brown cord jackets were high fashion for men this season and M&S were given a special mention so he is to be congratulated for being hip and happening smile

deaddei Fri 23-Oct-09 18:30:21

Would you like to go out with him tomorrow then? wink

TrickOrTreatersDragOnTheNoose Fri 23-Oct-09 18:31:34

Did you read that article in the SAGA magazine?

mwahahahamwahahahallyroger Fri 23-Oct-09 18:31:57

what is he wearing on his bottom half though?

TrickOrTreatersDragOnTheNoose Fri 23-Oct-09 18:33:33

Slacks.

He must be wearing slacks.

[arf]

ilovemydogandmrobama Fri 23-Oct-09 18:33:57

elbow patches?

deaddei Fri 23-Oct-09 18:34:14

Well I said this- all his trousers are sort of grey from Esprit, and he said he would wear jeans.
We're off to a party tomorrow......I shall dig out my elasticated waist polyester slacks and a nice crimplene top.

ProfessorLaytonIsMyZombieSlave Fri 23-Oct-09 18:34:26

I don't suppose this article will help? If nothing else you need to go along to save him from the one long orgy...

FabioExtremeAngler Fri 23-Oct-09 18:36:17

Boil wash.
You know it makes sense.

mwahahahamwahahahallyroger Fri 23-Oct-09 18:36:55

does he have a pipe? And an unfeasibly high necked polo shirt?
He might just scrape by on a 60s beatnick cool vibe....?

deaddei Fri 23-Oct-09 18:37:40

Yes, that's my dh (with extra hair). A shapeless man.
My god, I shall have to flirt tomorrow with someone in Ted Baker to make my point.

mwahahahamwahahahallyroger Fri 23-Oct-09 18:44:35

my dh mentioned the possibility of elbow patches on a tweedy jacket...he is late 40s and thinks he will look cool in a post-modernisitic ironic steam-punk sort of way hmm

yes dear...if you were 28. not 48.

upahill Fri 23-Oct-09 18:49:02

Has he kept the receipt? Do your wifely duty and take it back in the morning. He will thank you in the long run

deaddei Fri 23-Oct-09 19:49:32

I'll just tell him there's no sex if he keeps it.

ShowOfHands Fri 23-Oct-09 19:55:42

I'm desperately trying to get dh to buy a brown chunky cardigan I've seen. It looks all academic on a day off on a Scottish island next to a warm open fire and drinking a rich red. But no, he won't have it. I like the sound of this jacket. Shall we swap partners? He cleans, carries a tune well and does breakfast in bed every day. Fair trade, non?

mwahahahamwahahahallyroger Fri 23-Oct-09 20:10:31

yes but SOH your husband is under 30 and is funky and folky...he can get away with it!

mwahahahamwahahahallyroger Fri 23-Oct-09 20:11:00

breakfast in bed every day?
<<Swoon>>

ShowOfHands Fri 23-Oct-09 21:08:00

Well, every day that he's here and not at work. He's a good egg. But yes, 27, I feel that may be important here.

Where the devil have you been btw? I mean, did you not go away at all. I've seen you, as in current you, posting and thought ooh she seems lovely and funny but I never realised it was you. I'm still grinning.

momijigari Fri 23-Oct-09 21:15:53

I would much prefer my dh to come home with a brown cord jacket than a black shirt - he thinks he is channelling Johnny Cash (like that was ever a good look?), but really he looked like Father Ted without the dog collar(he even has the Irish accent). I really want to get rid of the shirt, I was thinking I could make dd a bat costume out of it for halloween, my dh has no interest in style, but it hurt a bit to be seen out with him.

deaddei Sat 24-Oct-09 08:12:09

Show of hands- well mine does tea in bed, can't sing or dance and cooks a mean sea bass. And I've just seen yours is under 30 so YES PLEASE!!!
LOL momijigari- i haven'y got my glasses on and read BLACK SKIRT.

mwahahahamwahahahallyroger Sat 24-Oct-09 11:58:25

I've been on here under mollyroger for a while now...since jan maybe?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: