Talk

Advanced search

can we wear brown boots with black tights and coat?

(12 Posts)
TheCappster Fri 23-Oct-09 15:07:53

saw Stylish Mother doing just that today

was shocking had always been told parentally that this Would Not Do

also I have seen nice brown boots

thought it best to ask MN style police

Mimi1977 Fri 23-Oct-09 15:16:12

Was the coat black? And what kind of brown were the boots? I always think tan looks fine with black but like you, wasn't sure about chocolate brown? Will watch with interest!

MacaroonIncident Fri 23-Oct-09 15:26:46

sure looks cool

Struths Fri 23-Oct-09 16:42:09

I agree with Mimi, chocolate brown with black is definitely not a good look but if they're a reddish or tan shade of brown it can work if done right- for example a nice leather pear of reddish brown boots with a nice sheen to them, with some black wool tights would look nice because of the contrasting textures. wink

chimchar Fri 23-Oct-09 16:44:17

i do, but try and coordinate scarf or something too....but what the hell do i know!!!

purplepeony Fri 23-Oct-09 16:45:29

yes

LuluDanceOnMyGrave Fri 23-Oct-09 17:09:53

Was it me grin? Seriously though, what is this drivel about brown and black? If it looks good to you, wear it! I do! And you know what, no-one's pointed and laughed, trust me round here I'd soon find out if someone had judged me.

MegSophandEmma Fri 23-Oct-09 17:22:32

I was wearing black skinnys with choc brown, flat boots today, along with a mixed, black, white and grey, wool coat.

In my head I looked the dogs, but like I say this was in my head, so who knows? lol

TheDevilEatsBabies Fri 23-Oct-09 17:22:33

it would have to be a light brown or reddy-brown.

if it's dark brown and black it looks awful like you got dressed in the dark.

SixtyFootGhoul Fri 23-Oct-09 17:27:28

who cares what MN thinks?
If you want to wear it and you feel good in it wear it!
I always dress for me
Sometimes people compliment me
Sometimes they look at me like they never saw me before!
I dont care!!

Scrubber Fri 23-Oct-09 17:43:01

Who cares. Go for it if you like it. Stuff it if some people think its wrong. IMO people who would judge you on that are probably twats.

strongblackcoffee Fri 23-Oct-09 17:48:17

there is nothing NOTHING NOTHING wrong with wearing brown boots and black together, please stop this nonsense talk...

I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now