Talk

Advanced search

Can I have some hair help please?

(8 Posts)
JugularPiggy Fri 23-Oct-09 10:52:26

I am in need of some help to sort out the birds nest that is my hair.

I have less than 2 weeks until my birthday and I am hoping to get my hair done for it.

The problem is I have no idea what to do and don't have a regular hairdresser to seek advice from.

Its shoulder length with some layers and a partly grown out fringe. Dark brown very thick and frizzy. Oh and to add to the misery I have an incresing number of greys.

Can anyone suggest any sites I can look at for inspiration for a new cut/style?

I also want to colour out the greys but wondered whether its better to get some lighter bits put in to blend the grey (worried it will look 'brassy'!) or go darker?

On the frizz issue I have been using the aussie range of shampoos conditioners and the 3minute stuff. It has helped a bit but on the day i wash my hair it looks frizzy and the next day when I brush it it is softer but still a bit frizzy. I rarely dry my hair or use straighteners. Is there something better I could be using? (I am tempted to try the curlygirl no shampoo approach)

Is the sort of thing I could go and ask a hairdresser about? I am just concerned that each time I have gone to ask for advice previously I get a blank look and end up with a trim!!!

Please help me smile

BiteOfFun Fri 23-Oct-09 10:59:17

I was going to suggest the curly girl method...you do need a decent cut though.

sleepsforwimps Fri 23-Oct-09 11:04:18

Firstly, NEVER ever brush your hair dry. My hair sounds similarish I think to yours. Definitely have a look on the Curly Girl thread for some ideas on how to manage your hair. I personally always use a diffuser to dry my hair and only ever brush/comb it with conditioner on it.

Sorry not sure about sites for haircuts.

JugularPiggy Fri 23-Oct-09 11:19:06

oh my I cannot imagine never brushing my hair when its dry!!!

I am going to have to brave the hairdressers for a cut (not brave enough for the MN haircut) but I find layering just makes bits stick out. I wonder if this due to the frizzy condition of my hair?

I am also guilty of always tucking it behind my ears so its got a curve to it at the sides. I am stuck style wise as I want longer hair but its so heavy to tie up it gives me a headache but when shorter its just a frizzy mess!

going to have a proper nose at the CG thread grin

Furball Fri 23-Oct-09 11:32:57

goos site here

Furball Fri 23-Oct-09 11:33:15

oops meant good

Furball Fri 23-Oct-09 11:35:56

is this to short?

Furball Fri 23-Oct-09 11:37:16

bit longer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now