Talk

Advanced search

Exfoliating the face

(16 Posts)

Right I know exfoliating is a good thing for the face but how often? I see exfoliating face washes but surely doing it every day is too much for the skin?

any experts?

overmydeadbody Fri 23-Oct-09 10:47:30

Gosh I exfoliate my face pretty much every day.

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 23-Oct-09 10:47:33

I was advised by a Dermologica woman to do this, with one of their scrubs/creams, and it wrecked the skin on my face. I was all blotchy and sore - don't do it!

frakula Fri 23-Oct-09 12:23:40

I do it twice a week with the Estee Lauder idealist scrub, wouldn't do it more as it's like a mini glycolic acid peel!

Well my daily face wash is exfoliating according to the label it just seems such a harsh thing to do to your face everyday.

JANEITEPatrickNormanMcHennesy Sat 24-Oct-09 15:14:43

I use either the Olay regenerist daily wash thing, which is v mild. Or once a week with origins Modern Friction but have gone off this since using the Olay.

PeterAndresSkidmarks Sat 24-Oct-09 15:22:19

Once a week.

tulpe Sat 24-Oct-09 15:23:29

I do it once or twice a week with Simple facial scrub. No blotchiness, very mild & gentle.

CybilAviationAuthority Sat 24-Oct-09 15:25:13

Take your cleanser off with flannel, has same effect but less harsh

notjustapuppymum Sat 24-Oct-09 16:26:37

Libras I am a beauty therapist and it would depend on your skin type but for most people 2-3 times a week is right.

southeastastra Sat 24-Oct-09 16:45:41

i used to use a scrub but it gave me tiny red veins! avoid i'd say and use a flannel

MadameCastafiore Sat 24-Oct-09 16:49:22

I use this is bloody brilliant and lots of people reckon my skin sooo doesn't liik my actual age - mind you if DH knew how much I spend on skincare he may prefer me have more wrinkles and us have more money in the bank!

cakeslover Tue 27-Oct-09 10:46:39

Ren facial exfoliating. 2/3 times a week!!

ladymarian Tue 27-Oct-09 14:37:44

Hello

I use Simple facial scrub twice a week. It seems quite gentle and definitely makes my skin softer and smoother

Lilymaid Tue 27-Oct-09 14:47:26

I just use a tiny amount of Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish morning and night with a muslin cloth. Cleans face, removes make up and gently exfoliates.

mummee09v Tue 27-Oct-09 16:08:58

i use the olay regenerist self heating one most days. i think you can use it daily if you want to but sometimes i can't be bothered!

i have been using it for a couple of years now and my skin looks pretty good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now