Talk

Advanced search

Does straightened hair look dated/frumpy?

(8 Posts)
sincitylover Fri 23-Oct-09 10:17:54

We were having this discussion yesterday at work - I was examining my combover growing out fringe and usually straighten mid mid length layered hair which is naturally a bit wavy, flyaway and frizzy sometimes on a humid day.

My workmate said she thought dead straight hair is 'out' and ageing.

What do others think?

PuppyMonkey Fri 23-Oct-09 10:19:40

Not frumpy imho - prefer mine straightened, otherwise it looks like I have been dragged through a hedge backwards (which can look far frumpier as you'll agree).

MacaroonIncident Fri 23-Oct-09 10:20:04

i straighten the back and run it REALLY Fast over the rest on the second day ( if too late to wash)
i dont like the ironed curtians look

BunnyLebowski Fri 23-Oct-09 10:25:12

This look is definitely over if you ask me.

But my hair, unstraightened, is like the hair of an 80's rock groupie. My straighteners make it all smooth and shiny but still bouncy and slightly wavy!

PuppyMonkey Fri 23-Oct-09 10:35:41

I've heard people say before that straighteners are out, perms and curls and waves are in. Magazines like to predict the next big thing. I don't think straight is gonna disappear altogether.

JulesJules Fri 23-Oct-09 10:36:57

That all over dead straight thing is plain weird. I used to do fringe and a few sticky out bits so it doesn't look so Crystal Tips and Alistair but I'm considering going the other way with this Anyone tried it?

boodeniites Fri 23-Oct-09 10:40:58

i get mine straightened when i get it done at the hairdressers but i am getting more and more sick of it i have naturally wavy/curly hair but it tends to frizz i am actually coonsidering getting it chopped though it hs taken years to grow longish

sincitylover Fri 23-Oct-09 13:07:36

thanks am sure will continue to straighten mine.

We were also discussing the big volume look a la cheryl cole.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now