Talk

Advanced search

BODEN CAPRIS- OVERPRICED OR NOT?

(10 Posts)
purplepeony Thu 22-Oct-09 23:00:12

I've lost my perspective on Boden prices!

Is £49 - 20% ( £39 ish) a lot for cotton capris?
If so, where else would you buy- M&S, Next? Neither fit me well.

purplepeony Fri 23-Oct-09 08:14:35

fishie Fri 23-Oct-09 08:16:53

i hope they are not the denim ones. it is a good price if they are flattering.

purplepeony Fri 23-Oct-09 08:19:14

no they are cotton ( not denim)- I bought a pair last summer in khaki but am not keen on the colour- might Ebay them- this year I am looking at stone or taupe.

fishie Fri 23-Oct-09 08:25:38

these? i am very suspicious of the way the model is hiding them. there is some terrible crotch creasing going on with the purple too.

i want to like them but i think they are a bit too clunky in cut. mind you, have a look at the denim - oh dear

purplepeony Fri 23-Oct-09 08:29:50

That's them- same style as last year- will he ever learn to ring the changes?
what do you mean by " clunky"?

Do you mean too wide, - they were def. too long for me - had to alter them.

fishie Fri 23-Oct-09 08:31:02

they just don't look all that sleek. and if the models aren't looking great there isn't much hope for the rest of us. i love capris too.

purplepeony Fri 23-Oct-09 08:32:58

It's you and me this morning fishie!

if you click on the stone colour and see the model, would you say the legs look wide and not tapered enough at the ankle for capris?

fishie Fri 23-Oct-09 08:35:49

they look too big for her, are just sort of hanging there aren't they. if you look at the purple woman they are a bit too small, hence all the wrinkling.

maybe they will be better on a normal non modelly shape. i do think it is a reasonable price to go back to the original point.

fishie Fri 23-Oct-09 08:37:16

ay caramba! but they aren't too big eh?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now