Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

boots and a coat needed

(7 Posts)
popsycal Thu 22-Oct-09 21:54:43

both black

boots - flattish or wedge - to wear maily with jeans

coat - black (yawn) - which could be worn with jeans for school run but would not look too scraggy to wear to work

cheap as chips please

popsycal Thu 22-Oct-09 21:55:23

5'6" and size 10

eshermummy Thu 22-Oct-09 22:08:53

I just bought a great £49.99 black puffa style coat in H&M - this one has a funnel neck and shaped panel bits so a bit empire line and then slightly a-line from waist - looks great on, trust me. I wasn't under any budget constraints when I got mine and I still think it's the nicest puffa I've seen this season. I was looking at ££££ ones in my search and the H&M one rocks.
I know you are going to say you wanted a wool coat but I think cheap wool coats (with not much wool in them) can look crapola in 2 minutes and collect lint like a fuzzy felt so a non-wool coat much much better.

I is not good on boots but am sure others who are will be along soon grin

popsycal Thu 22-Oct-09 22:11:11

will check out h and m thanks

snice Thu 22-Oct-09 22:15:38

I seem to remember that MN consensus on boots-with-jeans is that they have to be brown not black.

If you care about the opinion of a load of women you'll never meet that is smile

eshermummy Thu 22-Oct-09 22:16:28

I tried to look and see if it was online but my swedish not great smile and I don't think it's on there.
It comes in black and a sort of light brown. Is knee length and not too shiny - there were some other shorter glossier style ones too with belts but this one has no belt. HTH.
For some reason I think you might be near me - if you are it was H&M Kingston, top floor of Bentalls centre.

popsycal Fri 23-Oct-09 20:20:26

any black boot suggestions?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: