Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ugg Boots and buying them cheaply online

(4 Posts)
MidgeMungoAndMary Thu 22-Oct-09 21:51:00

I've just had a look around some of the many online shops that sell Ugg boots. Having tried on a pair today in the mall, I'm pleasantly surprised to find that the boots available online are much, much cheaper.

So, what's the catch? Are the online boots authentic Ugg products? Or just clever copies?

If anybody can recommend a 'tried and tested' online Ugg boot seller, then please pass on your info.....or if anybody has any scare stories, I would be equally keen to hear them smile

PoisonToadstool Thu 22-Oct-09 21:53:12

You won't get genuine Uggs at much less than the standard price. Cloggs are good for discounts, as is ASOS. If you could get genuine Uggs for £70 a pair we'd all be buying them!

jkklpu Thu 22-Oct-09 21:56:12

There was a thread about this not long ago and a R4 programme 6 weeks ago, maybe a bit more. They will be fakes from China and liable to be part of the bonfire of many thousands of pairs of boots each month by HM Revenue & Customs. You'll have no consumer rights if it goes wrong so not worth it.

MidgeMungoAndMary Thu 22-Oct-09 21:59:52

Thanks for your replies, pretty much as I expected...my suspicions were aroused when I read the FAQs on a couple of these sites; the 'answers' given were obviously very poor translations, dead giveaway really. Feel sorry for anybody who is taken in by these websites.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now