Talk

Advanced search

fantasy shopping trip

(11 Posts)
duckyfuzz Thu 22-Oct-09 21:20:19

A full day's shopping in a nice city centre with no kids, £1000 to spend and just dropped a dress size...what would you buy?

Sazisi Thu 22-Oct-09 22:39:03

A pair of Louboutins (I would wear them about once a year so they would last me forever )

A well-cut black shift dress.

A pair of really expensive jeans (I think the most I've ever spent is £40; there is room for improvement there wink)

Cashmere socks.

Complete set of make-up.

I'd also get a facial, manicure and pedicure if that's allowed?

VerityBrulee Thu 22-Oct-09 22:46:05

Half of this or this

Or maybe this

duckyfuzz Sat 24-Oct-09 15:14:38

oops thank you ladies, sorry I forgot to check for messages yesterday! Expensive jeans and decent dress are good, I still have the posh make up I got for my wedding, 9 years ago, so probably won't bother with that but will get some nice skincare

whcih jeans are best then?

JANEITEPatrickNormanMcHennesy Sat 24-Oct-09 15:16:37

Erm - are you sure you should be wearing make up that is nine years old? Would it not be lurgified by now? Sorry!

JANEITEPatrickNormanMcHennesy Sat 24-Oct-09 15:19:30

I would buy one of the new coats from Hobbs or another nice coat from somewhere or other. I would buy a Vivienne Westwood black pencil skirt, skincare from Origins or Decelor and some v good boots - maybe several pairs of boots actually. And some cashmere cardigans and jumpers and scarves and gloves in lots of colours. And if you work, a decent suit with skirt, jacket and trousers. Oh and a leather tote bag.

duckyfuzz Sat 24-Oct-09 15:21:02

I don't wear it, that's why I've still got it

soyabean Sat 24-Oct-09 16:05:25

Oh that would be heaven...I would buy a little black party dress and some shoes to go with, a waterproof and stylish mac, boots, a grey short coat /jacket...and something from Cos as I love the general look of their stuff but never really feel I would wear it, so can't justify buying.
Basically i wouldnt buy very expensive stuff, but lots of nice things. So when will the cheque be arriving?smile

soyabean Sat 24-Oct-09 16:11:15

And jeans but i dont know where from - have tried on practically everywhere and cant find any I like.

duckyfuzz Sat 24-Oct-09 18:22:32

soyabean I agree - I hit the shops on Monday

soyabean Sun 25-Oct-09 12:14:46

I cant face trying again, have now forgotten exactly which ones I have tried. But if I had £1000 I would be there trying on expensive ones...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now