Talk

Advanced search

Is there such a thing as a smart rucksack?

(10 Posts)
HeadFairy Thu 22-Oct-09 20:37:44

I don't want one that looks like I'm off to climb Ben Nevis, I'd quite like one made of a proper material, leather is fine, or decent strong cotton material, but smarter looking. Does such a thing exist? There's a cheapo one in Marks and Sparks made of nylon but it's a bit flimsy, looks like it'll fall apart in seconds and is not terribly attractive.

bebesequin Thu 22-Oct-09 20:40:04

Kipling?

HeadFairy Thu 22-Oct-09 20:47:16

they're ok bebesequin, but still nylon and I think nylon looks tatty really quickly.

TheHAUNTEDHouseofMirth Thu 22-Oct-09 21:22:10

Like this?

PigeonPie Thu 22-Oct-09 21:33:45

Have a look at the Healthy Back Bag Company they have lovely bags which fit loads in - I've got the small one and can fit everything in! They're not quite rucksacks but they have a similar sort of feel.

HeadFairy Thu 22-Oct-09 21:58:39

that's getting there HoM... now if I could just find a nicer colour... (I'm fussy aren't I?)

HeadFairy Thu 22-Oct-09 22:01:18

Oh PigeonPie, those look really nice. I'm just leaving work but will have a look later. Thanks!

PigeonPie Thu 22-Oct-09 22:25:51

I'm a complete convert and will be asking for them for Christmases and Birthdays for years to come in all sorts of colours! And once the DSs are bigger and I can go down to a smaller bag (ha ha) then I can have the extra small!

HeadFairy Fri 23-Oct-09 11:43:28

If you're still around PigeonPie... how do they feel on your back? The reason I really need something like a rucksack is that after years of carrying a heavy handbag I've knackered my shoulder so I need something that distributes the weight more evenly. A rucksack is ideal for that, plus it leaves me with both hands to deal with ds.

PigeonPie Fri 23-Oct-09 12:42:12

It feels great! It's specially designed so that you put your things in the pockets inside which distributes the weight more evenly. Just one warning - I thought I'd lost my iPod the other day, but I finally found it in a pocket I didn't know I had (it now lives there!).

Quite a few shops stock them so you might be able to find somewhere locally and try it out - although I took the risk and ordered mine directly.

Have fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now