Talk

Advanced search

I have just spent £42 on a pair of slippers, someone come and tell me the Celtic Sheepskin ones are nice

(60 Posts)
LaurieScaryCake Thu 22-Oct-09 18:12:02

these ones in a lovely slate grey

They're a bit expensive (understatement of century) but I think I'll feel less guilty if I have them for Christmas.

Anyone got some and can make me feel better about my extravagant purchase? grin

Indith Thu 22-Oct-09 18:15:01

I want those so much, I got the catalogue through my door for some reason and they look amazing.

MacaroonIncident Thu 22-Oct-09 18:15:56

OH Y GOD
i got dome for ds2 and he adored them

he is 9 and not a normal slipper wearer

MelonCauli Thu 22-Oct-09 18:18:59

I have those in the light brown colour (as in the ones on the right in the picture). They are fab - comfiest slippers I have ever had. The soles are very hard-wearing and I wear mine outside to put the bins out etc. I've not worn them to pick the kids up from school ....yet.

You will love them.

LaurieScaryCake Thu 22-Oct-09 18:22:10

Thanks for that, just clicking fingers impatiently til they arrive now

also bought the short Celtie boots too - never had a pair of 'uggs' before blush
<hides online receipt>

MacaroonIncident Thu 22-Oct-09 18:23:39

ds2 wants me to get the uggs
we are getting bootee slippers for hte others for xmas

pointyhat Thu 22-Oct-09 18:36:21

hmm. I don't think I could say anything that would make you feel better about your purchase

Slubberdegullion Thu 22-Oct-09 18:38:36

I have a pair on my feet RIGHT NOW, they are in lovely vole though.

lololol lovely vole

sorry

have not been drinking

<cough>

yes.

very warm, good grippy sole etc. I give them my personal recommendation.

stakethroughtheheartofgold Thu 22-Oct-09 18:43:08

i have similar but cheaper from nz, with a soft sole cos i can stand unbendy slippers. i love them dearly. i'm sure you'll be very happy together.

pointyhat Thu 22-Oct-09 18:43:39

granny slippers in vole? Do they also do weasel?

pointyhat Thu 22-Oct-09 18:44:34

I see they do whisky. Shame there's no pink gin. Or advocaat

pointyhat Thu 22-Oct-09 18:45:08

Do you know, stake, that thought crossed my mind. I don't like an unbendy slipper either.

Slubberdegullion Thu 22-Oct-09 18:45:27

These are not granny slippers thankyouverymuch, so long as you don't have the cuff bit rolled down you are, oh how do they say it, Fashion Forward. Oh yes.

Slubberdegullion Thu 22-Oct-09 18:46:30

THESE BEND THESE BEND.

I am bending my foot in them as we speak. Good toes, naughty toes. It's all happening.

overmydeadbody Thu 22-Oct-09 18:46:42

um....

um....

slippery slope into old age

<<runs>>

LaurieScaryCake Thu 22-Oct-09 18:47:51

I've bought mine in slate (the blue was too bright) to go with my bought-in-the-sale Boden knitted blue striped dressing gown as its just got cold enough for the first time to wear it.

<hangs head in shame>

glad most of you are endorsing my purchase grin

WinkyWinkola Thu 22-Oct-09 18:50:14

I've got these. They're so very warm. I swear it saves money on our heating bills. DH loves his too.

I was a bit foolish and got the dcs a pair each too last year which they've obviously grown out of but the kids' range is really nice too. I love their catalogue.

A good purchase imo.

pointyhat Thu 22-Oct-09 18:50:22

re bending - the test is are they still comfy when kneeling on the living room floor?

overmydeadbody Thu 22-Oct-09 18:50:40

should have known you'd have a pair slubber grin

MacaroonIncident Thu 22-Oct-09 18:51:16

i like the turned down look
or me that would be my weekend slipper look

overmydeadbody Thu 22-Oct-09 18:51:24

depends on why you are kneeling on the living room floor pointy wink

MacaroonIncident Thu 22-Oct-09 18:51:37

i got ds2 the adult size

£££££

pointyhat Thu 22-Oct-09 18:52:36

lolol

helping the dds with cursed knitting today

LaurieScaryCake Thu 22-Oct-09 18:54:03

it's ummmm....nice to know that while kneeling on my living room floor for nefarious purposes my feet will be comfy hmm grin

Slubberdegullion Thu 22-Oct-09 18:55:00

oh bog off omdb. It's the slippery slope into warm comfortable feet and that is all.

I've been wearing my sheepies since I was just a young lass just as my mother and her mother before her wore theirs. These slippers step OUT of fashion and into the higher realm of things that work, like antibiotics, windscreen wipers and um self raising flour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now