Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of this BODEN dress?

(10 Posts)
purplepeony Thu 22-Oct-09 08:30:21

Is it frumpy or okay for an everyday dress?
which colourway- thinking of green/blue or yellow/purple, or china blue?

I am 50 but told I look much younger and a size 10. Dark blonde/honey hair. Size 8-10.

http://www.bodenpreview.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Dresses/WH201/Womens-Crinkle-Jersey-Dress.html

purplepeony Thu 22-Oct-09 08:30:41

www.bodenpreview.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Dresses/WH201/Womens-Crinkle-Jersey-Dress.html

sorry!

fishie Thu 22-Oct-09 08:35:02

oh pp it is just so boden. would you mind everyone knowing?

i much prefer their non-pattern stuff, i even find myself trying to hide the coat linings.

this one??

purplepeony Thu 22-Oct-09 08:43:20

OKay- take the point!
I like the embelished sateen dress, but at £95 it's a bit stepp and also a bit posh for every day.

Tea dress- yes, it's quite nice, but does it look frumpy? Would go for the steel/greeny colour, or the brown bud.
anyone?
want to get my 20%- I always dither then order 6 months later!

purplepeony Thu 22-Oct-09 08:46:52

Or the drapey jersey in the purpley batik??

www.bodenpreview.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Dresses/WH199/Womens-Drapey-Jersey-Dress.html#nav

fishie Thu 22-Oct-09 08:50:18

drapey jersey in plain blue. i have violently taken against that batik pattern.

i like the pink on teh one i posted, the model looks relatively unbodeny.

favourite jersey is nice.

they are all a bit long and wide round the bottom for me - what shape are you?

ADifferentMe Thu 22-Oct-09 08:50:41

PP - I like the first one and it sounds like it would suit you. I love their summer dresses but managed to restrict myself to two this year! They're very flattering.

purplepeony Thu 22-Oct-09 08:55:59

what shape am I- well, i think either a column or a small hourglass- 32C bust, 28 waist, 35 hips, and 5ft 3". I will def. have to shorten most of them.

I def. do not want anything that swamps me.

Part of me longs for the 60s batik- as something different- thing is, you really need to see/try on all these dresses.

fishie Thu 22-Oct-09 09:00:18

go for an 8 then.

how about cotton shirt? lovely in blue. i'd love to wear something like that but am too top heavy.

ADifferentMe Thu 22-Oct-09 18:45:52

Same shape as me but six inches shorter - I found even the long ones could do with being longer so you may be ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now