Talk

Advanced search

Please! Where can I get decent knitwear with fulllength sleeves with less manmade fibres in?? (Preferably with shape or fitted)

(9 Posts)
gorgeousgirl Wed 21-Oct-09 20:30:59

I have long arms, so look sillin some of the lengths out there. Hate cold arms and look sill in the long T-shirt under chunky knit thing (mades me put on at least 6 lb)

I had a look in Sainsbury's and th usual high street shops, but the static was awful from the manmade fibres.

I want to get some quality jumpers/ t-shirts, but don't have a massive budget. Also fed up with things shrinking!

Thanks!

tulpe Wed 21-Oct-09 21:05:19

Am bumping for you as I want to know the answer too

I cannot abide acrylic - it's like nails down a blackboard to me <<shudder>>. Also have major problem with 3/4 length sleeves in the winter.....why???

duckyfuzz Wed 21-Oct-09 21:08:20

kew has decent length stuff for not too many £££ try asos, esprit too

thisisyesterday Wed 21-Oct-09 21:10:27

i have a nice merino tunic from boden. ppl keep telling me it's nice anyway.,
i am not a fashionable person though, so no idea if it's the thing to wear or not!!!

KristinaM Wed 21-Oct-09 21:11:27

zara have l/s scoop neck 70% cotton knitted tops in various colours for £10

i have ivory, red and magenta. i think they also had black, navy, brown and bottle green

thisisyesterday Wed 21-Oct-09 21:11:41

gap and m&s too

tulpe Wed 21-Oct-09 21:12:38

Yes, can vouch for the quality of Boden knitwear, OP. However my merino tunic from there has 3/4 sleeves so I have to layer with long sleeve tee beneath.

thisisyesterday - is yours long sleeved?

BikeRunSki Wed 21-Oct-09 21:34:51

I have said it before, and I'll say it again. Woolovers. Website not very exiting, but very decent knitwear at good prices. The cashmere/merino mix stuff is very soft and warm, and very well priced.

Ignore the fairly boring modelling and settings and have an explore through here. Some really grannyish stuff, but some nice stuff too. Great basics.

thisisyesterday Wed 21-Oct-09 21:36:41

yes, mine is long-sleeved

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now