Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone had a breast lift and or tummy tuck?

(20 Posts)
Dogchewsonlimbsanpumpkins Wed 21-Oct-09 17:34:40

Message withdrawn

Lizzylou Wed 21-Oct-09 17:38:50

Gosh no, I haven't had it done but would love too!
I have a friend who swears by Thailand (Bangkok, I think) for any sort of plastic surgery, she had a breast enlargement and her partner had his eyes lifted. It is cheaper than here, the hospitals are like 5 star hotels and you can recuperate in the sun.
Have it down on my wish list for my 40th grin

DorotheaPlentighoul Wed 21-Oct-09 17:43:40

Can't help you but I sometimes think about this and will watch thread with interest.

I would be very wary of going overseas for surgery, though. Too many horror stories about what happens if it goes wrong. Would def stick to reputable surgeon here.

Lizzylou Wed 21-Oct-09 17:47:26

My firned who went to Thailand, said that there were people from all over the world, some on their 2nd or 3rd trip (all bandaged up by the pool!), she is really happy with the results.
I agree though, you'd have to really investigate any potential clinics/surgeons.

Dogchewsonlimbsanpumpkins Wed 21-Oct-09 17:50:14

Message withdrawn

Dogchewsonlimbsanpumpkins Wed 21-Oct-09 18:01:21

Message withdrawn

Lizzylou Wed 21-Oct-09 18:10:25

Hmm, Poland or two weeks in the sun in Thailand....ummm, can I get back to you????
Whatever you do, get recommendations and do loads of research, they are big ops.

Dogchewsonlimbsanpumpkins Wed 21-Oct-09 18:17:02

Message withdrawn

DorotheaPlentighoul Wed 21-Oct-09 18:20:37

grin

Amandoh Wed 21-Oct-09 18:55:02

I had a tummy tuck then a year later I had a breast reduction. The operations can be done at the same time but I had mine done separately as I didn't know how bad I'd feel after each operation. If I was having them done again then I would have them done together as there wasn't any pain and I recovered quickly. Another advantage is that it's cheaper as there's only one hospital stay.

If you're in the South East then I highly recommend Mr Brent Tanner as he was the surgeon that operated on me (After pics of stomach on my profile). It's important though that you go and have a talk with your GP as he'll be able to recommend local sugeons whose work he is familiar with. Don't go to one of the clinics in the back of the glossy magazines as although the clinic may have been in business for over 20 years the surgeons come and go.

fefnone Wed 21-Oct-09 20:42:56

I had a consultation with Transform 3 weeks ago for a tummy tuck. They quoted about £6300. What worries me is the recovery time and the fact that I have four kids to see to. I would love to just go ahead and do it, but feel that in this house I would never get the post op rest I would need.

Dogchewsonlimbsanpumpkins Wed 21-Oct-09 20:43:46

Message withdrawn

MacaroonIncident Wed 21-Oct-09 20:44:37

amandoh what was wrong with your stomach?

Dogchewsonlimbsanpumpkins Wed 21-Oct-09 20:45:14

Message withdrawn

Piffle Wed 21-Oct-09 20:45:53

I have had a breast reduction and uplift (natural height)
Would you need implants do you think to fill the shape out?
I recovered ok, but quite major surgery, not sure if an uplift alone is as rigorous as a big reduction.
Tummy tuck is major abdominal surgery, I have ahd major abdo surgery for other things and it is pretty tough afterwards for quite some time, no driving for 6-8 weeks, no hoovering, no lifting. And you are knackered for about 6 weeks,totally.
If you have very young DC I'd wait a while for the tuck tbh.

Lapsedrunner Wed 21-Oct-09 20:50:17

Amandoh shock, I've never had a tummy that looks like your post tuck pics even years & years ago when I was a superfit, marathon running singleton envy

fefnone Wed 21-Oct-09 20:51:19

I think it was a full tuck as he said the muscles above what I would call my stomach have also gone and need repairing. He said the scar would be from hip to hip. What I should have stressed is that I think you have really got to plan your recovery time with lots of help and support.

Dogchewsonlimbsanpumpkins Wed 21-Oct-09 20:55:02

Message withdrawn

slimeoncrazydemon Wed 21-Oct-09 20:58:59

Message withdrawn

Amandoh Wed 21-Oct-09 21:22:17

I had a full tummy tuck. Actually more of a body lift as my scar is an anchor shape. It goes from just behind my hip bones on each side and then I also have a vertical scar from my pubic line to almost under my boobs. It's so thin and so faint that you can't see it unless you are looking for it.

I have the same anchor shaped scars under my boobs too and around each nipple but again you have to look very closely to see them.

My stomach was awful! Not just a little bit of loose or crinkly skin but almost what could be described as a flap of skin. I had heart failure and complete vital organ shut down when I had my first baby. The kidney failure meant I filled with fluid and I looked like the Michelin Man. This fluid drained very quickly but it had stretched my skin terribly. Two more babies followed and a strict diet in which I lost over five stone in about nine or ten months. All this losing and gaining weight/fluid and three full term pregnancies took their toll and no amount of sit ups or crunches helped. It wasn't fat, it was skin and you can't exercise excess skin away unfortunately.

My DS3 was 1 when I had the tummy tuck and my DP took a couple of weeks off of work to look after him as I wasn't allowed to lift anything for about 6 weeks but I recovered very quickly and was fine after two weeks when he went back to work for a few hours each day. We're all different and we recover at different rates. I felt fine after both operations and I was visiting friends and popped to the shops less than 48hrs after the breast reduction. I just hid the drainage bottles in my big handbag. Actually my poor friends DH went quite white when he saw them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now