Talk

Advanced search

Interview Outfit - Advice Needed

(16 Posts)
Eve4Walle Wed 21-Oct-09 15:22:15

I have an interview tomorrow - first one since I started looking for work ages ago, so it;s obv very important.

What do I wear? I have this, would it be okay with heels?

Boden

I don't really have much else that's smart, apart from a pair of black RI trousers which I've worn to death and don't know what to pair with.

Any ideas? I really need to make a good (smart) impression.

bigstripeytiger Wed 21-Oct-09 15:30:17

What sort of job is your interview for?

notamumyetbutoneday Wed 21-Oct-09 15:32:40

Without wanting to offend, whilst that dress is lovely, if you are going for an office-worker job in a fairly staid environwmnt, I don't think that dress is quite right. Black trousers would be more appropriate IMO.

tearinghairout Wed 21-Oct-09 15:36:37

Are you wearing a jacket over it?

Eve4Walle Wed 21-Oct-09 15:37:51

I don't have a jacket. Haven't worked in an office for many years.

The job is for a Customer Service role, mainly on the phones.

notamumyetbutoneday Wed 21-Oct-09 15:41:03

Could you borrow a plain top/white shirt from a friend to go with your black trousers? always feel with an iterview that you want them to listen to what you are saying, not be distracted by what you are wearing.

bigstripeytiger Wed 21-Oct-09 15:44:38

I agree, the dress is nice, but IMO not quite right for an interview. Do you have anyone that could lend you a top or jacket? Or time to go to a shop?

Eve4Walle Wed 21-Oct-09 16:02:33

Have just found a skirt at the bottom of the laundry that I forgot I had. It's grey and black large check wool, knee length and a-line, I had it for DSs 1st birthday party last year and wore it with a plain black top. I do have a top which would go well with it, it has 3/4 length sleeves and with a round neck. Better do you think?

bigstripeytiger Wed 21-Oct-09 16:09:35

That sounds great. smile

notamumyetbutoneday Wed 21-Oct-09 16:18:37

That sounds perfect. Very smart and professional but more interesting than black trousers.

mylovelymonster Wed 21-Oct-09 16:22:00

Skirt & top sound perfect - and sounds as though you'd be more comfortable in that too so you'll do great!

notamumyetbutoneday Wed 21-Oct-09 16:27:11

Forgot to say good luck!!!!

Eve4Walle Thu 22-Oct-09 13:25:31

Got the job and start on 3rd November!

haventsleptforayear Thu 22-Oct-09 14:07:18

Congratulations!

notamumyetbutoneday Thu 22-Oct-09 15:12:32

Eve thats fantastic! You must be over the moon. Obviously it was our sartorial advice that did it and nothing to do with you being the best person for the job though... wink

mylovelymonster Thu 22-Oct-09 15:16:33

That's great - well done! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now