Talk

Advanced search

Knee high boots for skinny legs....

(58 Posts)
FabMum1 Wed 21-Oct-09 13:39:23

I am desperately trying to find some lovely flat knee high boots in black.

I know Duo do some lovely ones, but at the moment I really can not afford them.

Can anyone suggest anywhere else ? smile

FabMum1 Wed 21-Oct-09 20:36:11

Help!

MacaroonIncident Wed 21-Oct-09 20:37:12

you just have to try lots on.

HellBent Wed 21-Oct-09 20:38:43

Nothing to add, I wish I had this problem envy
<runs away on fat legs>

NellieTheEllie Wed 21-Oct-09 20:53:22

nine west, also sold in Debenhams, or Fly London are the only ones that consistently fit my skinny legs. But neither come cheap sad

CybilCeremony Wed 21-Oct-09 21:02:40

DID SOMEONE SAY SKINNY LEG BOOTS

HappyHome Wed 21-Oct-09 21:26:09

I have some from Cara and they are luurrrvvvly. Most boots make my legs look like sticks in buckets hmm

MacaroonIncident Wed 21-Oct-09 21:43:52

i tried on some cara ones
are ok but not as good as me talamores
wore em all day todya perfick

Piffle Wed 21-Oct-09 21:45:18

can we do calf measurements as trawled the whole of London (before I knew about Duo) and found NOTHING
Duo works as mine last 3 yrs of solid wear (Ravenna)and cost per use was minute.

CybilCeremony Wed 21-Oct-09 22:10:24

Wore my Fryes to work (am def keeping) very hot as sheepy lined but will be great when winter really kicks in

castille Wed 21-Oct-09 22:12:33

Erm Cybil, you didn't buy ANY Duos after ALL THAT?!

Pah

CybilEngineer Wed 21-Oct-09 22:46:04

I know, I know (letting bootside down)

castille Wed 21-Oct-09 22:51:51

Glad to hear that you do actually have boots though.

Time not entirely wastedgrin

MacaroonIncident Thu 22-Oct-09 07:09:47

lol at castille

CybilEngineer Thu 22-Oct-09 07:17:45

Thanks for your concerted support during this difficult time in my life ladies

I'm off for a lie down in a darkened room

bodycolder Thu 22-Oct-09 08:27:56

i want

Horton Thu 22-Oct-09 11:25:20

I would be really interested to know from any fellow skinny-legged Fry-wearers how narrow the tops of them really are. I am seriously tempted by a pair but scared that they won't fit and then I'll be heartbroken (plus really dull sending them back). Would anyone with a pair in 37 or 38 be prepared to measure the circumference?

A good tip (although utterly useless right now) is to buy boots every time you go to France (if you ever go on holiday there, that is, although worth booking holiday just for the boots IMO). I have several French pairs of boots that fit my extra-skinny 30cm calves just fine. They weren't expensive either, just standard £30 boots in average/cheap shops. So start saving for a holiday in France next year is my helpful and impractical tip.

castille Thu 22-Oct-09 13:19:10

I am a scrawny-calved and I live in France and have NEVER found any boots I like that fit me properly here!

Though I do see people wearing boots that look like they might fit me and I wonder where they buy them...

CybilEngineer Thu 22-Oct-09 13:32:59

Horton I did try on different pairs of Fryes in TKMaxx and they were all different around the top. Why don;t you ring your nearest stockist and ask them to measure?

noddy I like those boots too.

And castille ALL I do is stare at other peoples boots.

AuldAlliance Thu 22-Oct-09 13:34:07

Castille, I posted about this a while back, and have found none in France either. I'm off to Scotland next weekend but don't think I'll have time for Duo, so it's back to the drawing board.
La Redoute has some "bottes morphologiques" in their new winter collection, with three calf sizes.
And there are these, but shock at the price.

castille Thu 22-Oct-09 13:42:52

AA - the smallest size of the Redoute would still be too big for me. The other ones are quite nice but wouldn't pulling buckles tight make them look crumpled rather than fitted?

Anyway I'm happy with my new Duos (ordered blind, thank god they fit) and have even stopped wincing at the price

Maybe one day I will be brave enough to ask random thin-legged French girls where they buy their boots. Abroad, probably

AuldAlliance Thu 22-Oct-09 13:50:57

Hmm, yes, i wondered about pulling the buckles very tight, too, castille.
Maybe I'll order blind from Duo too. Which ones did you get?
<<reckless emoticon>>

castille Thu 22-Oct-09 13:53:41

Pavias

££ but worth it, I think. I like them a lot.

bodycolder Thu 22-Oct-09 14:38:46

I have the skinniest legs ever!Mostly I wear ankle boots with tights and dresses or kne boots with leggings skinnies.Would also love a pair that fit perfect.Have a pair of marks riding boots that are skinny.Those ones i linked to look slim I am going to get them for my b'day next month

Horton Thu 22-Oct-09 14:44:41

I'll try and notice the name of the shop next time I buy boots in France.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now