Talk

Advanced search

Help me update my wardrobe, pleeaase

(9 Posts)
moaningminniewhingesagain Wed 21-Oct-09 09:10:56

I have been living in ill-fitting jeans and maternity clothes for most of the last 3 years.

Going back to work soon and generally need a bit of refreshing in the wardrobe department.

Been lurking on some S&B threads and finally bought some gorgeous knee high brown boots yesterday, now need some leggings and some skinny jeans to help me show them off and don't know wear to startblush

Yes I am probably the only person who still owns neither. I have locally - Topshop, M&S, BHS, River Island, George@asda, New Look, Dorothy Perkins. No department store though.

I'm 5ft and a fag end, apple shaped, biggish norks, rather shapeless flattish bum, good legs. Will be needing longline tops to go with...Any one up for the challenge?

moaningminniewhingesagain Wed 21-Oct-09 09:17:06

Oh and size 12ish, current jeans are all size 10 but they are from , ahem, asda/sainsbos, so not really size 10 I'm atter than thatsmile Normally get a size 16 for tops, depending on the fabric.

traceybath Wed 21-Oct-09 09:21:16

Topshop for leggings and baxter skinny jeans - a bit more expensive than new look but much better quality.

For tops - how about a boyfriend cardigan belted over a long sleeved t-shirt. Cardi not done up though - was a thread about this . . .

Or a knitted dress to wear over jeans - not too baggy though. You needed fitted when small.

moaningminniewhingesagain Wed 21-Oct-09 09:23:05

Quite fancy knitted dress over the top. Not so keen on belts over Tshirts, am rather round in the middle.

Do the topshop jeans come in different leg lengths?

moaningminniewhingesagain Wed 21-Oct-09 09:24:20

I'm going to have to go in topshop aren't I? Be the first time in 10 yearsblush

traceybath Wed 21-Oct-09 09:24:41

They do indeed - 30, 32 or 34 inch.

moaningminniewhingesagain Wed 21-Oct-09 09:29:14

I will brave it today then.
Keep feeling that the fact I wore leggings 15 yrs ago means I must be too old to wear them now. But I suppose I won't be accessorising with DMs this timegrin

moaningminniewhingesagain Thu 22-Oct-09 00:05:54

grin Those baxter jeans are nice, I bought some! And a selection of long tops, a knitted jumper/dress, boyfriend type cardi, and two pairs of leggings. (Not all from topshop, that would be a bit sad)

And DH even likes them too. They look fab with my boots as wellsmile

TanyaBranning Thu 22-Oct-09 00:12:39

Leggings from topshop. They are definitely the best quality ones on the high street. Primark and M&S do good thick black / patterned / coloured tights.

Experiment with dresses. I'd take a day or two to go and try various styles on, and when you find one you like, buy a few versions of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now