Talk

Advanced search

I am momentarily coming out of shopping retirement ...

(40 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Tue 20-Oct-09 20:33:18

to buy an apron. To preserve the life of the clothes I have, you see, and to remove the necessity for constant outfit changes, for which I no longer have time. I can't bear to tell you how many clothes have been relegated to the ragbag due to oil splatters/ toothpaste stains/ face paint accidents

I find myself strangely drawn to this but am open to ideas (and think £40 is a bit much of an apron tbh!) Nothing too boring or ordinary though... and please god, no Kidston....

CybilCeremony Tue 20-Oct-09 20:34:41

Oh bless you LTEC...only you would spend £40 on an apron!

LetThemEatCake Tue 20-Oct-09 20:38:26

I will NOT!!!!

but I do want something nice ... and don't really see how John Kewis can justify charging £18 for a butcher's stripey thing .. would sort of almost rather pay double and get something nicer, iyswim?

But £20 is about my limit I think

squeaver Tue 20-Oct-09 20:40:24

That posh one is SO NIgella!

Romanarama Tue 20-Oct-09 20:42:43

I have a nice stripey one from IKEA that was about a fiver I think. A bit like this but mine's more pink/red/orange. Tis good as new after at least 5 years abuse.

KristinaM Tue 20-Oct-09 20:44:17

i also vote for ikea aprons

LTEC - how is LO?

LetThemEatCake Tue 20-Oct-09 20:44:48

I quite fancy myself as a bit of a Nigella. Big and brunette and handy with a muffin -top- tin

VictoriousSponge Tue 20-Oct-09 20:45:42

i like a soft cotton one
ltec i wear them every time i clean or prepare food

too mnay bleach or fat stains otherwise

VerityBrulee Tue 20-Oct-09 20:46:14

I have this muji one it is very cool in RL and looks great with a breton t and navy leggings. Sort of utilitarian, shaker chic! Big pockets on front very handy for all those tiny bits of lego I keep coming across.

OhBuggerandArse Tue 20-Oct-09 20:46:53

I have a lovely linen one from Muji, which wasn't expensive at all. Not sure if this link will work?

OhBuggerandArse Tue 20-Oct-09 20:47:52

x-post, thinking as one!

VerityBrulee Tue 20-Oct-09 20:49:27

grin

dexter73 Tue 20-Oct-09 20:49:47

This one is very fetching hmm...

dexter73 Tue 20-Oct-09 20:50:43

Also if you buy it with a Borat mankini and arse/face towel it is a bargain!

fishie Tue 20-Oct-09 20:53:08

cannot beat a nice stiff cotton apron all beaten and worn. start with butchers stripy ltec.

Romanarama Tue 20-Oct-09 20:54:22

Yes, and then wear all the time - I use mine for protection from general dc dirt as much as food splatters.

nevergoogledragonbutter Tue 20-Oct-09 20:56:52

Do you have a sewing machine LTEC?

I thought i hadn't seen you for a while? Shopping retirement? Really?

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Tue 20-Oct-09 20:56:58

Oh, I was about to recommend [www.agacookshop.co.uk here]] but I can't beat the sheep-shagger.

The Joules 'Neptune' one looks good though.

LetThemEatCake Tue 20-Oct-09 20:58:17

Kristina - thank you so much for asking, you're so sweet!!
he's lovely. Really a good, easy baby - so much so that No 4 is on my mind....

I put new pics on my profile today

Am I right in thinking that you also have quite a new dc?? Didn't you have the summer premiere for which you were going to be about 6 months pg?? Is that you?

How's it going?

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Tue 20-Oct-09 20:58:21

Sorry here.

nevergoogledragonbutter Tue 20-Oct-09 21:01:19

oh LTEC, your babies are so beautiful.

<gives self a slap for momentary broodiness>

EachPeachPearMum Tue 20-Oct-09 21:02:06

I have a gorgeous muji one too- but it doesn't seem to be on their site at present. It's a thick heavy cotton in a linen colour with a very fine pinstripe. It washes really well, and has great coverage and pockets too.

AngelinaJolly Tue 20-Oct-09 21:02:40

There are a couple at Lakeland for £12, or go for the hot pink Joules one (but rip the Joules label off first wink)

chattermouse Tue 20-Oct-09 21:08:25

Do you know that I decided this very afternoon that I would buy an apron for the exact same reasons you mention. Mostly I need to wear it whilst weaning baby who spits her food everywhere. I am not fussed at all though re what it looks like. I'll get a couple of cheap ones, may as well do given that they'll spend most of the time splattered in half chewed fish etc...

VerityBrulee Tue 20-Oct-09 21:08:25

Oh, what a divine little baby, I am so envy as I'm still broody for a 4th.

You're children are gorgeous!

And I love your fringe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now