Talk

Advanced search

Will this dress be itchy?

(16 Posts)
notjustapuppymum Tue 20-Oct-09 19:12:08

Really like this dress www.oasis-stores.com/fcp/product/Oasis//Cable-Babydoll-Dress/3660017501?colour=black# but will it be itchy as it seems like a funny mix of fibres?

7% angora, 35% Cotton, 33% Nylon, Rayon 25% plus it's hand wash only and with a new baby on the way, do I really want that??

Should I be more sensible and go for this instead? :

www.oasis-stores.com/Cable-Dress//oasis/fcp-product/3660019701

stakethroughtheheartofgold Tue 20-Oct-09 19:16:00

no itch from cotton, nylon or rayon (another name for viscose), depends whether you're sensitive to angora, really, people differ.

notjustapuppymum Tue 20-Oct-09 19:18:06

Hmmm...I usually am a little, but wondering if because it is such a small amount I will be ok...

MichKit Tue 20-Oct-09 19:19:18

Sorry to hijack your thread OP, but I have the same question about this dress. I really like it, but not sure about the comfort factor.

minko Tue 20-Oct-09 19:21:06

Not sure about itchiness, but I have something similar from Oasis from last year and I love it. Easy to dress up or down, very comfy and even a bit sexy too - buy it! (I'd go for the cowl neck one personally...)

stakethroughtheheartofgold Tue 20-Oct-09 19:22:40

how are your boobs? bigger i'd go for the scoop, smaller the cowl. colour choices better in the scoop though.

bishboschone Tue 20-Oct-09 19:24:14

those sequin dresses have a soft lining and are super comft ime

notjustapuppymum Tue 20-Oct-09 19:28:04

My boobs are very nice thank you stakethroughtheheart wink

No seriously, they are quite large but as I am otherwise slim and tall in proportion so I can get away with either style imho.

I am just so fussy sensitive to anything remotely itchy. I walk round shops at rubbing the material of things on my cheeks to check for irritation!

MichKit love that dress and agree that it will be lined and not at all irritating.

Romanarama Tue 20-Oct-09 21:21:22

I never actually hand wash anything at all - just put it in at 30o zipped into a laundry bag for delicates. So wouldn't worry about that, personally.

Nicknamecoming Tue 20-Oct-09 22:46:44

Thanks, will go and try it on tomorrow Its fully sequined but doesn't look over the top, iyswim! And its a gorgeous colour.

OP, the second dress kind of cute but I do like the neckline on the first!

Nicknamecoming Tue 20-Oct-09 22:46:49

Thanks, will go and try it on tomorrow Its fully sequined but doesn't look over the top, iyswim! And its a gorgeous colour.

OP, the second dress kind of cute but I do like the neckline on the first!

MichKit Tue 20-Oct-09 22:50:39

How do you wash sequinned dresses by the way? Apparently they can't be dry cleaned?

notjustapuppymum Tue 20-Oct-09 23:35:37

Roman thanks, I'll give that a go - especially as I've got a new washing machine coming tomorrow with a 'delicates' cycle smile

MichKit I'm not sure, I'd imagine it'd be handwash...

notjustapuppymum Tue 20-Oct-09 23:36:02

Hope it's lovely by the way...let us know!

Romanarama Wed 21-Oct-09 14:48:00

Michkit I don't think you wash them at all - just wipe off any marks and hang up to air. The idea is presumably that you don't wear them often.

carriedababi Wed 21-Oct-09 15:06:41

i like the cowl neck one, might get it myself but never can find a nice wine or rusty orange....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now